Linen Fees

Jason-And-Brett0
Level 2
Rosebank, Australia

Linen Fees

Hi everyone.

Hope youre all having a great day 🙂 

I have a problem with our cleaning fees. 

Our place is kind of remote and I manage it from another country.

I've had trouble from the beginning finding a reliable cleaner to take care of it in between guests. 

We finally found one and now after 9 months he has almost doubled his overall fees. 

He now charges: $330

$210 for 'the clean' and now an additional $120 to wash the linen. (No Linen services service our area) 

This usually ends up costing us more than half of what an average booking makes for us.

I'm not really a fan of booking a place without linen myself, but not sure how I can pass at least this new linen washing charge on to the guest. 

Any suggestions? 

Thanks in advance,

Jason & Brett.

2 Replies 2
Elizabeth920
Level 2
San Antonio, TX

I have the same problem, my housekeeper started at $ 125.00 cleaning fee included laundry services. 

My beach house is two story, and housekeeping increased rate to $200., but I know guests will not pay $200.00 whether its for one night or a week.  Not sure how to resolve this problem as it is an additional expense of $75.00 difference that I am paying for from the nightly rate.   I am losing money by not having reservations booked. Any suggestion would be helpful!

Thanks for reading this, 

Liz

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Jason-And-Brett0 I am thinking that if you have that problem, everyone else has that problem? So everyone’s fees should be consistent because of it? See what your competition does and how much they charge. One way of handling it is setting a minimum stay to assure a certain income per reservation so you are not at loss. Also, what do you mean by linen service? Is there a way to buy a washer and dryer so they do it while they clean? Or perhaps have four sets of bedding so the wash is only taken out every couple of weeks?