Linen and Bedding Configurations

Ron112
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

Linen and Bedding Configurations

We have a mystery on our hands. We put fresh cleaned bottom sheets (2) on the covered mattress; a top sheet; a blanket; and a Duvet or bed spread (Quilt). We noticed that some of our guests do not sleep between the top sheet and the bottom sheets, but are sleeping directly under the duvet or bed spread. We thought it was because of the way we made the bed, so we turned down the bed sheet like turn down service in a hotel. They still want to sleep on top of the sheets. Our sheets are new and freshly washed. We feel obliged to wash the duvet or bedspread everytime if people don't use the sheets. This is hard on the bedding and increases our laundry by 3 loads.

Any suggestions or thoughts why people are doing this? This is a standard configuration for most hotels in Canada.

Regards

Ron

32 Replies 32
Sara815
Level 2
Zürich, Switzerland

We have a fitted sheet and a duvet and pillow with cover per guest. This allows me to do 1 washing machine with all the bedding after each guest. We chose a rather thin duvet that is also suitable for summer (and we actually have the same ones for us too). 

Roughly once a month I wash the pillows and duvets as well (4 loads of washing)  We bought special synthetic ones that dry quickly. 

In 2.5 years we never encountered any issue with this configuration. 

Susan48
Level 3
Ruidoso, NM

THEN I had a woman tell me that I should stop using duvets on my bunk beds because some people aren't used to them.  Seriously. 

Myke11
Level 2
Tucson, AZ

I place the pillows and bedspread in the dryer for 20 mts for overnight stays.