Linked Calendars

Steven532
Level 6
Longford, Australia

Linked Calendars

Was anyone else aware that only reservations block the dates in Linked Calendars?  ie: Apparently linking calendars only works for reservations and not if you block dates in one of the linked calendars, which is obtuse. It makes no sense that if you block dates in one of the calendars, it doesn't effect the other

In my instance: 1 property but two listings, so I can set up different bedroom configurations (why one listing cannot show different configurations is beyond me), so I link the calendars. Friends were staying (directly to me) so I blocked out the dates in one calendar, then a few weeks later the other was booked via the other listing. I do not understand why this should happen at all but the 'Support" person did her best at being extraordinarily patronising about my ability to understand and made no effort to understand that it could be an issue, just continually blamed me, be more knowledgeable and told me to be more careful - over a 24 hr period.  I have been a SuperHost for 3 years, have 7 listings and hosted hundreds of times (and a guest dozens) plus make great use of the various settings on the platform, so 'ain't no dumb bunny'.

Now I block the dates in both calendars, when friends or family which to use it, which just seems dumb.

To me, this is a flaw needing to be fixed.

Cheers

5 Replies 5
Dermot11
Level 1
England, United Kingdom

Yes I found the same and also believe it to be a bug.

have you reported it as a bug?

Hi,

Yes I did that as well but still recovering from the snarky, 'told you so, silly man' attitude of the support person.

Quite remarkable.

Cheers

Thanks for clearing this out.  I finally realize it's not me having poor setup.  This should be fixed. 

Neil548
Level 2
Gauteng, South Africa

Where do I find the link so that I can paste that into Booking.com for calendar linking

Air bnb to Booking .com

Bob297
Level 10
Bilthoven, Netherlands

Calendar - availability - all the way down - sync

@Neil548