Linking calendars for house and units within it

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

Linking calendars for house and units within it

I rent a whole house or two units with it. I was very happy to see the linking calendars feature however it does not see to work as intended (for me). I linked the two units to the house. When the house is booked, hte units are blocked- great! However, when one of the units is booked, it blocks the house (great!) but then the booked house blocks the other unit that is still available. I assume that last step is exactly what should have not been happening, otherwise this is no different than just sinking calendars. I have talked to support and yes, this is how the feature is set up. I have turned off the autosync between whole house and units and block units manually each time the whole house is booked but of course I risk double booking if I dont block fast enough. Support advised turning instant booking off but I dont really want to do that either. Any recommendations? 

5 Replies 5
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Inna22

hm... it works good for me.

We have 2 apartments listed as Studio ( No1 ) and Apartment (No2)

If someone wants to book both of them in the same time then he books my listing Apartment (No3)

( No1 )  and  (No2) are sinchronized with (No3)

If someone books ( No1 ) then (No3) is also blocked but (No2) remain available 

If someone books ( No2 ) then (No3) is also blocked but (No1) remain available 

If someone books (No3) then ( No1 ) and  (No2) are blocked

But... if someone cancel then I have to unblock other calendar/s manually 

Here is the sheme:

linkedcalendars.jpg

Dear Branka and Sylvia,

wau! I would like to make my listings as well as you have it, we alsohave such a situation (2 units can be connected to make a 12 persons appartment; unit 1 = 8 persons; unit 2 = 4 persons) . Could you please explian where and how i can do it your way? Today I called the support team and they did not know what I was asking for. But is is exactly as you say.

Thank you in advance! Caroline

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Branka-and-Silvia0 that is how assumed it should work however it did not. Support told me it did not intend to fuciton this way. Since it is working for you, perhaps I will give it another try. Do you list on other platforms as well? I am not sure if sinking with other platforms was part of the issue

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Inna22 hm... if you have 2 units in your house, you can rent unit 1  or unit 2  or both of them (entire house).

Unit 1  has to be conected with entire house 

Unit 2 has to be conected with entire house

Entire house is then conected to unit 1 and to unit 2 

I have the same situation and it works for me. Look at my scheme how it looks like.

No, my calendars are not conected to calendar on any other booking platform,

Dear Branka and Sylvia,

wau! I would like to make my listings as well as you have it, we alsohave such a situation (2 units can be connected to make a 12 persons appartment; unit 1 = 8 persons; unit 2 = 4 persons) . Could you please explian where and how i can do it your way? Today I called the support team and they did not know what I was asking for. But is is exactly as you say.

Thank you in advance! Caroline