Linking multiple listings

Claire476
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

Linking multiple listings

I need to link multiple listings for one condo that can be rented as either a full suite, or two smaller separate suites. 

I found instructions here: https://www.airbnb.ca/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings

However, when I try to follow the instructions, there appears to be no step 3: Next to Linked Airbnb calendars, click Link

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

Claire

22 Replies 22
Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Hello @Claire476

Juggling around with 3 listings for two rooms cannot be done,

if you want to sync / link stuff, you will have to opt for

- one listing only.

- OR two independent listings only .

@Lilian20 I have heard of hosts who do exactly what @Claire476 is hoping to do.

They set up

Listing A: entire condo

Listing B: smaller suite 1

Listing C: smaller suite 2

They then link the calendars of A+B and A+C (but NOT B and C).

So this happens: If someone reserves A (entire condo) then B and C become unavailable.

If someone rents B, then A becomes unavailable, but C is still available.

If someone rents C, then A becomes unavailable, but B is still available.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

Cool @Matthew285 that sounds very smart

This makes a ton of sense for a problem I have been trying to figure out for some time but when I try and do it on Airbnb from the parent listing, it won't let me create 2 separate links, only one which in turn blocks the parent AND both listings when one of the children is booked.

Hi Brenda 

we created 3 listings, one parent and two children. Then we were able to link both children to the parent. Booking one child blocks the parent but not the other child. Is that the way you did it? 

It looks like both children are ‘nested’ in the parent when we linked them. 

Claire 

This is my problem as well, Aibnb customer service has been of little use after six hours on the phone.... 

Your explanation made a lot of sense, but like your example when I link A + B, Airbnb does not allow to link A + C, because A becomes nopt available listing to link. What am i missing?

Thank you

I am going to try this. I finally get to apply my highschool algebra to a life situation.   I guess the teachers were right.  It IS useful!

Hi @Lilian20, Im trying to do just this.  I understand that in this format, the parent listing would be  A?  Thank you...

@Matthew285  @Claire476 I am doing exactly this but I cannot find HOW to link the calendars. The option that comes up is to link an external calendar such as Google but I need to just link the A B and C 

Susan760
Level 2
Hervey Bay, Australia

I too am a little confused. I recently added a new room as a separate listing. I would like my previous guests to be able to see the new listing if they view the first one, but is unavailable 

will linking my calendar do this, but still keep them separate?

both rooms are in the same house but totally independent of each other.

@Susan760 you can provide a link to another AirBnB listing in your description.

The link will let guests find your other listing all the time (not just when your calendar is booked).

You do NOT want to link the calendars. That does nothing to help a guest find your other listing.

Inna22
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Claire476 It is a wonderful feature, I use it and it works. Just follow the steps on the  linking page (not the help page) , they are very self explanatory and call airbnb if it is not working.

Thanks Inna, we were able to set it up correctly in the end.