Listing Edit History/Policies /Security Deposit claim help

Listing Edit History/Policies /Security Deposit claim help

Since claims against security deposits can only be made against bookings which agreed to security deposits, I looked in every one of my bookings and none show whether they agreed to it or not! I looked high and low! So, I thought I could go into the editing history of my listing to see when it is that I added the security deposit to it. THERE IS NO LISTING EDIT HISTORY.

I need help, I really need to know whne my listing was edited since we are now having to deal with a guest who sadly left us a big mess which requires actual repairs, while I have another scheduled for tomorrow!!! We will have to pay to get the place ready again, but I see nothing in the platform helping me to locate the when our security deposit request was added to listing.

HELP!

Sincerely,

Desperate hosts.

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Richard-and-Isabel0 ,

Your listing states you have a securty deposit set now of $300,- 

For previous reservations check your list of reservations and choose "print confirmation" to see if there is a security deposit mentioned under "house rules".

Airbnb can see the edit history of a listing, if you had a co-host you could also see it yourself (because to check if host or co-host changed the information)

Best regards, Emiel

Thank you @Emiel1, strangely enough I do know for sure we edited it to add security deposit sometime within the month of March, but bookings which happened even after March do not show such in the "print confirmation" view. I understand if someone booked early for much later date, but I did confirm that those were bookings made in Arpil for later dates and for some reason even in the must recent bookings it still doesn't show it.

Now, as of today, AirBnb is being helpful, but....big one that is... It is illogical to me that the security deposit wouldn't be collected at time of charges being collected from guest, then at time of post check-out walk-thru, both guest and host could  hit a 'check-out' prompt and by bpth parties doing such, the full security deposit could then be credited back to method of payment.

It is mind boggling they wouldn't hang on to it. The people that left us the (literally) biohazard of a mess and utter disregard for any attempt to keep anything as close to how they found it, are the kind of people I completely foresee cancelling their credit cards just to avoid paying for anything they're responsible for.

Then let's just say AirBnB stepped up and paid us, which ok, let's be grateful for such...but what kind of establishment then allows their patrons basically 1) steal from their hospitality providers, then 2) from themselves when they do not collect a deposit beforehand? Plain bizarre. I only hope we learn enough from this guest's heinous behaviour to aid ourselves in preventing this from happenning again, not only to ourselves, but to our community since this affects everyone, not just hosts. Guests reprehensible behavior ripples through to other guests unfortunately.   

I may have to lern about co-hosting, but for now Rich and I are it. We really only have our one home offering, we aren't multi-property owners.

I do appreciate your reply,

Isabel Sydow