Listing Removed!!!!

Listing Removed!!!!

About 5 days ago when checking my reservations I saw that my listing was removed! A blue banner at the top of the page when I try to message guests says: "This conversation is no longer available because Wendy’s account was removed for violating Airbnb’s Terms of Service. We're reviewing your activity from the past year. Your status will be updated on April 14, 2019". Today is JUNE 3, 2019.

I have 50 excellent reviews & have been an air bnb'er for 2 years, with no complaints from guests. What is happening with this company? Below is from my account:

100 %
Five-Star Reviews

100 %
Response Rate

I have at least 20 bookings upcoming over the next 2 months! I've called them every day with a "I dunno" broken English reaction from anyone who answers the phone, and was advised that it will be passed onto the Technical Services level, who will either phone or email me. 4 days later; nothing has happened. I can't even message guests to advise of check-in instructions! My listing is now removed. I am assuming there is a hack or bug or glitch or whatever with their system, (I've seen previous complaints regarding this same issue), but no one will admit what's going on OR what's going to happen! Am extremely disgusted with Air BNB at this point. Not only am I missing out on upcoming travelers who would otherwise reserve, this is most obviously providing me with a very negative reflection for those people who have reserved & cannot contact me. How can this company run a business in this manner?? Does anyone have any ideas of what I should do now??

37 Replies 37
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Wendy223This happens all the time: I find it to be shocking and unacceptable on the part of Airbnb. You will likely never get an answer as to why. They don't give hosts an opportunity to respond: they just delete your account. Very scary. I'm really sorry it's happened to you. 

We had a community centre member here called David from Colorado, and he ran a small historical boutique hotel. His property had been featured by Airbnb because it was unique. He was deleted one day with no explanation, and he never got one (as far as I know, anyways). Very sad loss for Airbnb, and so unbelivably frustrating for the host. 

Maybe a bit obvious, but have you tried calling Airbnb about it yet?

Yes of course, EVERY day of the past 4) via phone.

@Wendy223  If your listing truly has been removed, they may never respond to you. That seems to be the pattern. 

I used to find the Twitter help more useful, but now they just pass you on to someone at the call centre anyways, so I don't see that it makes much of a difference. Did you call the Superhost number, or the regular one?

Hope it works out. 

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Wendy223  it looks like your account has been closed, which is 100% at airbnb's discretion and happens quite often without explanation. Your bookings will have been cancelled and all I can suggest is try contacting airbnb on Twitter.

This is a shock to say the very least. I don't know anything about twitter. I will try to rectify this in some other manner (just now sure how yet). My reservations are still showing up on the calendar, as is my listing when I look at it on the "listings" page of my account.

@Wendy223 Set up a Twitter account, and then send a message to Airbnb by choosing the little envelop icon in your Twitter account and addressing it to @Airbnbhelp.

I usually get the best answers from support by contacting them in this fashion.

Thanks Ann72. Will give that a go.

@Wendy223 

Sorry to hear about this. There appears to be an epidemic of this going on at the moment. Where your located?

Thanks for advising of this Susan17. Canada

SUSAN; DO YOU KNOW THAT NUMBER FOR SUPERHOSTS??

SORRY; THIS QUESTIONS WAS INTENDED FOR ALEXANDRA.

@Wendy223If you tag using @ then the person's name, they will be notified you're mentioning them. 647-945-9627 is the Canadian number to call. I hope they can help. 

HAVEN'T EVEN BEEN SENT A REPLY WITH SOMEONE'S NAME ON IT .... NOTHING WHATSOEVER IN RESPONSE. JUST CALLED THEM AGAIN 4 TIMES SPEAKING TO DIFFERENT REPRESENTATIVES EACH CALL, SAME "I DUNNO" ANSWERS FROM ALL. THE LAST ONE I SPOKE WITH ASSURED ME (WELL, TRIED TO) THAT MY COMPLAINT HAS BEEN PASSED ONTO THE "TRUST TEAM", WHICH IS WHAT I'VE BEEN TOLD EVERY DAY FOR THE PAST 4. THIS PERSON DID SAY THIS IS A 'TECHNICAL' ISSUE, OTHERWISE ZERO HELP. PULLING MY HAIR OUT WITH THIS COMPANY. I HOPE EVERY AIR BNB'ER SEES THIS CONVERSATION.

@Wendy223 I mean here in the forum, as I've done in my response here, then the person you're responding to will see your response.