Listing a 2-family house separately and as a whole

Erin4258
Level 2
Orlando, FL

Listing a 2-family house separately and as a whole

How do you list a 2-family house separately and together?  My fear is if I only list is separately with a message that says "you can rent together," it will be missed when people do a search for a bigger place.  Can you list separately, then together?  In theory, I can import the calendars of each individual listing and that should allow for openings for the whole place, right?  

3 Replies 3
Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Erin4258 

You will have to have 3 separate listings; there is no other way. One listing for the first place. One listing for the second place. And then on listing for both places together (whole house.) Make sure you link your calendars and keep a close eye so that you don't get any double bookings.

Alex893
Level 10
Chicago, IL

@Erin4258  my house has two units and I used to do it as three listings until my city stopped allowing it. I now can only have one listing. 
it worked very well and was easy to manage. Airbnb has a linked listing feature. You pick a parent listing (whole house)   You link your apartments into it. Whole house gets booked- both apartments get blocked. One apartment gets booked- whole house gets blocked but not the one apartment. I had message templates for each and multi calendar showed what was open and what was not. Let me know if you have questions about the process, I am happy to help

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA