Listing can’t be found on search or map

Jasmin691
Level 2
Mellis, United Kingdom

Listing can’t be found on search or map

Hi,

is anyone else having problems with finding their property on the search filter and map? . I’ve been on airbnb for a couple of years. I’m a super host, my properties were always on the first couple of pages and I’ve have always had a steady stream of bookings till now. Now I sometimes come up on page 10/11 and it’s  very difficult to find my three properties. Sometimes one comes up but not the other two. They are all in the same location and have the same amenities. I also don’t show up on the map unless you apply a huge number of search filters and then only one comes up. 
I’m in conversation with airbnb at the moment. I keep getting told that she can find me and people are looking at my places but not booking and that the algorithm isn’t the problem. 
can anyone relate to this problem? If so I would love to hear your experience.

thanks,

jasmin

17 Replies 17
Lenore22
Level 10
California, United States

That's so frustrating. Airbnb is very secretive about their algorithm. Have you tried changing your photos, the description or title? Sometimes I will just add a comma and suddenly I get a rush of bookings...

Hi Lenore,

thanks for responding, I have tried that. Tomorrow I’m going to update photos. It’s just so frustrating when you are working so hard and earning good money for airbnb and they tell you there isn’t a problem when there clearly is!!! 😠

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Jasmin691 

You own 3 listings and they are all in the search system:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/homes?host_id=252750208&map_toggle=true

Maybe zoom in some more on the map when searching.

You can check the amount of views in menu "insights", section "conversion"

Jasmin691
Level 2
Mellis, United Kingdom

@Emiel1 Sometimes you get lucky and two come up and that’s if I’m using specific search filters such as pets allowed and pool.  See the second image. Most often, nothing comes up. I’ve tried on various browsers, using friends and families devices, iPads, phones and computers. I’m not randomly complaining. I’ve been researching into this for the past two weeks. Up until this point I’ve been very happy with airbnb but something has definitely changed and from reading the forum I’m not the only one who has a problem with the search filter.  There is a shepherds hut in gisslingham which is a village near me that always shows up on the map and comes up not only on the first page of listings but repeatedly on the third, fifth etc. Why does that happen?B9F819F8-B30A-49E8-9C19-2411A989564A.jpeg

4D9FEB12-0482-46A2-B50F-B259AF427441.jpeg

Roberta514
Level 1
Reedsport, OR

I'm having the same problem.  My listing is usually the first one you see when you search my town & it's not there AT ALL.  I'll try changing some words or add a photo to see it it helps, but I haven't gotten a new booking in a few weeks, so I went to see if I was still on the first page & my listing was nowhere on the search, even if you expanded the map.

@Roberta514 Did uploading new photos work?

airbnb said that I should pinpoint my property on the map! My three listings used to show up without me manually having to do so. I’m not quite sure how to do that but I’ve given up trying to get through to airbnb 

Hello,I'm Stella from Greece.

I've been facing the same problem with you and the support team has never offered me a thorough answer.

I really don't know what to do because for the last two years nobody has made an inquiry for our listing.

If there's a host who has a clue,please share it with me.

Thank you in advance.

@Vasilis-and-Stella0  hi Stella, sorry to hear that you haven’t had a booking in two years. Maybe you should try relisting your property especially as you haven’t had a booking. I would do the same but I don’t want to loose all my reviews 

How can I relist my property?

Tulum reservations have dropped 90 %, our listing is not showing on search and a whole area of la Veleta in Tulum is showing nothing, plus the prices now shows doble or triple of the value

Here is the picture from searching

Try againFED373F0-8068-4227-91D1-C3ACF9BD7568.jpeg

Honestly in Tulum most of the hosts I know are having the same issue

Greg1793
Level 2
San Diego, CA

I've had same issues. Whats the point of being a superhost if you show up on page 3?