Listing not shown when searching by town name, move the map by 1px and, voilà, first result!

Flavio18
Level 2
Blera, Italy

Listing not shown when searching by town name, move the map by 1px and, voilà, first result!

I'm hosting since a few months and my listing never showed when searching the town name. But if the map is moved by just one pixel, then my listing appears as one of the first results. It's like Airbnb has cached results for towns that don't get updated. The searches based on map coordinates are always fresh. At least this is my guess (as a developer myself). Please help.

2 Replies 2
Hrvoje1
Level 3
Split, Croatia

Based on my personal expertise and experience with AirBNB, let me try to help.

Airbnb does not cache anything in regards of your search criteria. Your browser does. So clear your browser cache and try again. If this does not help, make sure your browser is up to date. Furthermore, I can guarantee that everything works well in Chrome latest version.

If you have open listing, that you sometimes manage, and preview - that listing will get cached and displayed on first location. If you wish to see more realistic standing of your listing, clear browser cache and try again. Careful tho, you may loose some important cached data if you rely on your browser saving searched data.

Thanks for your reply but I already did everything you mention. Cleared everything, tried Incognito Mode, other browsers on other machines. It's always the same.