Listing suspended due to a guest give low rating who wanted to cancel booking and failed get refund because of the “strict” policy

Fred1891
Level 2
Pahang, Malaysia

Listing suspended due to a guest give low rating who wanted to cancel booking and failed get refund because of the “strict” policy

Hi All,

Recently I have an angry guest who has gave me 1 star rating. She wanted to cancel the booking in 48 hours, and insist for full refund but under strict policy, the guest will not able to get any full refund. She posted the bad and offensive comment plus 1 star rating, at the end I able to get Airbnb to remove such offensive comment, but my listing was suspended due to this “irresponsible” rating and I was told by Airbnb support that I need to wait for 5 days to reactive my listing and they can’t do anything because of this stupid system block my listing. Not sure has anyone facing the same like me?

8 Replies 8
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Fred1891 

So Airbnb removed the review, but kept the ratings belonging to it and because of that suspended your listing ?

Obviously it is clear Artificial Intelligence can make stupid decisions.....

Alex7863
Level 2
Vancouver, Canada

The Airbnb system has lots of bugs and definitely needs to be groomed up. Your guest shouldn't be able to put any reviews if their stay wasn't complete and even didn't check in to your listing.

I had a 24 hour cancellation due to the flexible policy and our guest couldn't chancel because of the "Confirm" button was greyed out it their phone and they didn't tell me about it so I waited for several hours to see the cancellation coming through and ended up calling Airbnb support to manually cancel reservation on behalf of the guest and to release the calendar for other bookings 

Yu37
Level 2
Hong Kong

I cash out to guests when they had to  cancel .  There was a pipe break in the area and no water for 5 days in the area.   Guest left happily and no crap review

Gillian166
Level 10
Hay Valley, Australia

if i thought i could get another booking i'd do the refund. i've only just shifted my policy to moderate after i had a spate of last minute cancellations, but life happens, and i alway think about what if it were me in the situation of needing to cancel. I don't book if someone has a super strict policy.

I don't understand how a guest who never stayed with you could leave a review? 

I do moderate because I have also had a several last minute wanting to cancel reservations. I have found in the winter season when there is a lot of competition and pricing  changing  there are guest still shopping for prices and will cancel at the last minute if they think they found a better price and will leave you in the cold if we didn't have the moderate policy in place.

Ryan2594
Level 3
Inverness, United Kingdom

If a guest knows they won’t get a full refund then there isn’t any point in cancelling the booking. From the guest perspective it’s better to put a negative review than to cancel and not put a review down at all.

I doubt it would be common place. If your place is expensive and they booked a number of nights I would be quite angry at the host too.

We had a similar issue last summer season. A guest booked for one person and then tried to bring three more into the studio (STUDIO) apartment.  She never entered the property as Airbnb contacted her before her arrival to cancel her based on the false info.  

Airbnb allowed her to write a review where she blasted us for being criminal - which Airbnb removed her review while at the same time suspended our listing for 5 days for bad reviews!

We could never get the support team to do anything. 5 days in our only 3-4 month season is a tremendous penalty to pay for something that Airbnb had already deemed was the guest's fault, not ours.

Hello everyone

last night i had a very bad guests came, i tried keeping them happy as much as i do for everyone

he was too nice with me on the conversation as well, but on the check-out he left me with a 1 Star Rating and a bad review

please someone help me how can i delete or can get rid of this review?