Can I add a car to my listing?

Answered!
MicheleandLouw0
Level 10
Maun, Botswana

Can I add a car to my listing?

Dear Fellow Host.

I need some advice here. Some of my guests do not have transport while staying and I was thinking of adding a small car to my listing. But I do not want to ad it to my current listing as it stands. Am I allowed to create a second listing the same as my other and then all it Cottage & Car and run it as a different listing and separate price and calendar? I will make sure to keep my calender updated, but just want to check if this is within the Airbnb policy. Your advice will be highly appreciated.

1 Best Answer
Montay0
Level 2
Hampton, VA

If your car can list on Turo, list it there and offer the listing as an option to your guests subject to availability. Just like Airbnb, u can list the car on Turo, then block it so it’s always available to your guests. It’s separate from Airbnb and Turo has its own insurance options. Seems like a win/win. 

View Best Answer in original post

29 Replies 29

Is it possible to let the person that is renting your house through Airbnb just use your car without charging for it? My car is fully insured and accordingly to my insurer anyone I give permission to drive the car is automatically insured.

Andrew1872
Level 2
Boulder, CO

Anyone else doing anything with AirBNB/car combos?

Philippa105
Level 2
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom

hi @andrew dis u do this in the end as i want to this summer for my guests

Gino110
Level 2
Puerto Rico

I'm interested on doing this for our villas as well, I'm in Puerto Rico.

Montay0
Level 2
Hampton, VA

If your car can list on Turo, list it there and offer the listing as an option to your guests subject to availability. Just like Airbnb, u can list the car on Turo, then block it so it’s always available to your guests. It’s separate from Airbnb and Turo has its own insurance options. Seems like a win/win. 

Philippa105
Level 2

hi @Montay0   whats a truro listing?

Great answer. I’m thinking about doing this in Miami. My building charges guests 25/ day to park, and I have 1 free valet space that goes unused. If the guest uses my car (rather than a rental) they get the advantage of the free valet. Seems like a win/win. Now what kind of car should I buy????

Does anyone know if listing a turo link is allowed? 

@Bks0  If you try to put links in your listing ad, they will be blocked out.

Philippa105
Level 2

@MicheleandLouw0 

did you do this in the end?  i have a 2 month rental in UK this summer and would like to offer guests my cat as an extra - has anyone done it?

tha ks

Iona1035
Level 1
Canterbury, United Kingdom

Hi, did you do this in the end? I've just started looking into it for our car!

Artis24
Level 1
Brenham, TX

I plan to ask if they need a car and send them my Turo link. 

My problem is different than yours. I bought a new car a few weeks ago. I would like to install a vin decoder app so that I can get all of the details when I need. Which vin decoder app should I use? Please let me know if you can help. 

I want to update you again here. I found something a while ago that I want to share. Vin Check Free is a free platform for license plate vin lookup like **  How does this type of free vin decoder works? Please let me know if you can help me here. Thank you so much!

**[Link removed due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines

Airbnb's policies can change, so it's essential to review the most recent version of their host guidelines and terms of service. You can find this information on Airbnb's official website. If you have specific questions about whether creating a separate listing for a cottage and a car is allowed, it's advisable to reach out to Airbnb Support directly. They can provide you with accurate and up-to-date information based on the current policies. Listing Title and Description: When creating a new listing, be transparent in your title and description about what is included (both the cottage and the car). Clearly communicate any rules or expectations related to the use of the car. Separate Listings: In general, hosts are allowed to have multiple listings, each with its own calendar and pricing. However, make sure that the new listing complies with Airbnb's policies and that you are not violating any rules. Local Regulations: Consider local regulations regarding short-term rentals and car sharing. Some areas may have specific rules that you need to be aware of when offering a combination of accommodation and transportation services.