Listings blocked

Dinesh37
Level 2
Accra, Ghana

Listings blocked

Hi,

Perhaps someone can give me some advice. I've been working with Airbnb for about a year, with 7 listings, and a superhost. Just over a month ago, Airbnb cancelled a reservation for a guest, which I found out was because he might have been trying to pay with a fraudulent card. But at the same time, they suspended my listings from receiving bookings and asked me to refer to the Trust and Safety page if I wanted to be reactivated. I checked the page, and none of the scams listed on that page applied to me. I didn't know the guest, he didn't contact me to conduct anything fishy - as far as I was concerned this was just any other guest. 

I have replied to their email, no response. I have sent them fresh emails through the "Help" section, no response. I have called them many, many times, always to be told by the operator that it's a separate department handling my issue and they can only escalate the issue to them. Again, no response. 

I am only listed on Airbnb, and was doing quite well with them, but I find it completely bewildering that they can just turn off the tap, so to speak, and not even engage with me to solve the issue. I understand COVID has put them under some pressure, but 1 month of no response? Is that normal??

Can anyone suggest a way for me to try and contact them somehow. I'm even contemplating flying to London to see them at their offices once lockdown ends.

Thanks for listening!

10 Replies 10

@Dinesh37   Everyone is having a hard time to get through to Airbnb support staff now, especially since they laid off 25% of their "official" workforce and quietly terminated contracts with some of the companies dealing with customer service. Sadly, 1 month of no response has turned out to be pretty common. Although it would be a shame to lose the benefit of your many reviews, this would be a good time to explore listing on another platform.

I don't know of a shortcut to getting your listings reinstated, but showing up at the London office is definitely not it. They have lots of offices around the world, you don't know which one is handling this specific function. But here's the community resource for contact methods:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide-UPDATED/m-p/413245#M5...

Hi @Anonymous 

Thanks so much for your reply. I only mentioned the London option because a cousin of mine had a similar problem sometime last year, and he actually flew to London where he went to their regional office and they managed to re-activate him. 

Thanks so much for giving me some insight. I'll try the other contact methods and well, just keep trying.

Dinesh

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Dinesh37 @Anonymous 

Dinesh, 

Two years ago I did go the London office to sort out a problem. But then again I live in London. Still, the person I saw forwarded the issue to a close colleague in Dublin, and she in turn referred it, I believe, to a Case Manager in USA. He finally sorted the problem.

The real nerve centre in Europe is in Dublin.

In saying all that, of course, the situation is completely different now. Who knows if the offices are actually open at present, or how many staff are present.

Personally, as a live-in host, I've completely stopped for the foreseeable future.

Best wishes for resolving your problem.

Thanks @Alon1 that's good information to know. I contacted them through twitter and the problem has been taken care of.

Thank you! 

Lisa723
Level 10
Quilcene, WA

@Dinesh37 some people have reported success with public complaint to Airbnb on facebook or twitter.

Thank you very much! I did read about that this evening and contacted them via twitter. Lo and behold, I was replied to and someone then contacted me and solved my problem, for now! 

I wish I knew about this à month ago. 

Thank you! 

@Dinesh37  Glad to hear your issue is resolved!

Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Wow @Dinesh37 , the power of the Tweet is strong!!!!!!   Glad to hear its all solved, stay well, JR

Air  bnb has the worst customer services

Larry379
Level 1
Pittsburgh, PA

Air BNB has the worst customer services