Listings showing surrounding areas first before the requested region

Tony408
Level 1
Mooney Mooney, Australia

Listings showing surrounding areas first before the requested region

When searching, there seems to be a number of properties showing first that are outside the requested area, eg if I search for Boomerang Beach NSW, properties in surrounding Smiths Lake, Blueys beach, Forster and other locations show before some other properties in Boomerang Beach. When searching, people like to see properties in the area they requested first and then other ones in the surrounding areas and not have to go through searching for properties that are in their selected area. I think the users of Airbnb would appreciate it is they adjust the system to show properties in the requested area FIRST then show properties in surrounding areas.

2 Replies 2
Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

The same issue arises here in Auckland, New Zealand.

Others on the CC have also expressed concern about it.

It must be annoying for Guests and leave them frustrated and disappointed at times with "location" they have ended up staying at.

There's all manner of reasons this issue needs to be addressed as it does impact overall on people's experiences with Airbnb.

Your post may help explain why sometimes Hosts get marked down for Location.

Touch wood, thankfully I've had 5 star ratings from the majority of my Guests I've hosted so far.

Karen1186
Level 3
Central Coast, Australia

I agree my property shows up way below properties out of the area.  It has made me aware to look at the map (mine sometime doesnt even show on the map?) when booking a holiday from now on as i have put off booking holidays or used hotels thinking there is nothing was available!  what i stupid system for everyone!