Local Guests - Fort Lauderdale, Florida ALERT!!

Judy369
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

Local Guests - Fort Lauderdale, Florida ALERT!!

Greetings. To all Professional Hosts. Please Be advised that there is a trend in Florida, where Locals would book your place for a weekend to then trash it. These scammers have been hitting all platforms. Most of us are seasoned Hosts, SuperHosts, etc. We are all in this for the same objective. Here's some key red flags to look for. No Reviews. Length of Time as a member of the platform and of course their location. With that said we can't discriminate against locals because sometimes they do need a place to stay if they're in transition of homes, home renovations, or something different. But don't let these scammers block you from being great on those platforms. I'm only posting this as an advisory. Thank you for sharing your experiences!

5 Replies 5
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Judy369   My brother is a cop in Broward County. The first thing a host does in that area is set a 3 day minimum stay. You have no option in this or you become the party house. Also you block out all spring breaks and set major rules and huge security deposits and DO NOT list with AirBnB during this timeframe only places you get an actual security deposit like Ha/VRBO, And double your deposit during these timeframes. Just saying...

Judy369
Level 1
Fort Lauderdale, FL

@Letti0

Just saying... My nights ARE set to 3 nights Minimum. Just Saying... Broward County PD and FLL PD advised me that this is a civil matter due to the home sharing platform giving folks allowance to your home. The experience was a learning experience and we proactively taking measures that will prevent this from happening again.

Try adding to you listing that you 'live next door, so will be easily available to assist'.... Only an idiot would book such a place for party season...

Natasha45
Level 7
Athens, GA

x

David-and-Sara0
Level 2
Ocean Township, NJ

We were just hit in Rio vista. 

Silver 4 door Jeep - caught on Ring 

had Oakland Park as residence. Airbnb verified with no picture. 

Trying now to get Airbnb to notify next host. As we heard them on camera ring talking trying to book. 

Name booked under **[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

real name may be **[Sensitive information removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]

She may own a consignment shop. 

silver 4 door Jeep today dec 17 2019. 

be advised