Local Vacation Rental Bans

Rachel215
Level 1
Lake Geneva, WI

Local Vacation Rental Bans

Our HOA is attempting to ban or at the very least put onerous restrictions on short term rentals. I would like to start a group dedicated to defending our interests.  If others are interested, I'll start a webpage with a contact form.

Please support this cause!!!

We have the right to do with our property what we please,  but the duty to be good neighbors. That's all there is to it.

Thanks,

Tom

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Hello @Rachel215.  Are  you familiar with the Home Sharing Clubs?  This might be what you are looking for.  I started one for my city.  I don't know about starting one for an HOA.  Check it out.  On this website, see the Discuss to Home Sharing.

Tee-And-Alex0
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

Rachel, you have to join the Association Board of Directors. That is the only way to affect change. 

Tee and Alex 

My hoa just proposed minimum lease term of 30 days. Also a few other changes. Annual meeting on the 26th of Jan, which I plan to attend, before subject to vote. I already have bookings for the summer.

do you have any info on what to argue, besides short term rental brings value to home as offers it as a potential good investment?

thanks

antoine

Bernard905
Level 2
Pennsylvania, United States

Just got a letter from my HOA quoting Township ban on short term rentals and consequences if I don't comply. Am looking for others, particularly in my area Pocono Township PA, who are experiencing this unfair practice.