Local lockdown

Shelly94
Level 2
Sherfield English, United Kingdom

Local lockdown

In the UK, with several areas having "local lockdown restrictions" I'm becoming aware of how many guests profiles list their hometown as "England".
Should we be asking AIRBNB to show where each guest is from, on their profile information? 

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Shelly94 In England, much to the disgust of Welsh MPs, there are no limits on people from locked down areas visiting other areas. This means whilst the Welsh cannot travel away from their local areas the English can still visit Wales.

we pretty much blocked off the next couple of months because of this.  We'll come out of it eventually. Difficult times for us all. 

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 I don't understand? Why are you blocked off? (I've been really busy.) - Even if people have to cancel, I'm sure there will be SOME who are not in a lockdown area & could travel to Cornwall? Anyway, I thought the new lockdowns still allowed folk to go away on holiday? - Confused!

Glad to see you had plenty of bookings in September!

Yes we had 100 percent occupancy in september, we were very pleased. And (mostly) lovely guests. We still have bookings in october, mostly from people from other parts of Cornwall!   It's more to do with the uncertainty. If the local pub has to close for covid restrictions again , there will be nowhere for guests to eat in the evenings at this time of year which presents us with a problem as due to covid we can't share the kitchen.  Cornwall council are looking at a visitor tax, apparently talking with Airbnb about it 🙄, and we are in a residential rural community so have to be quite mindful of neighbours concerns after the huge spike in CV cases in Cornwall from visitors earlier in the year. so we are treading carefully. 

We'll make use of the time redecorating and improving things. 

Last year we did great from same day bookings and instant book, so we hope to pick up where we left off in the spring when the daylight hours are longer, and the hikers and bikers from germany are booking again.

British guests can be rather hard work and needy at this time of year compared to russian bikers or Bavarian hikers 🤣

Also there is  the new  - as in extra- Airbnb enhanced cleaning requirements.... the wearing a mask to interact with guests, washing curtains and ceilings between every guest etc, or get booted off the platform.  ever tried washing an artex ceiling or a blockout roller blind.  Better to have a break from it until some sort of commonsense is restored.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Kevin1322 The new 5-step protocol (which we must all sign up to)  is a lot less rigorous than the old enhanced clean, which you could choose to sign up to... 

= There is no mention of washing walls/ceilings/curtains, just fairly normal cleaning + disinfecting surfaces, so it's doable...... (Doesn't really address shared homes, mind, with instuctions not to re-enter once cleaned.....)