Location Optimization

Tom193
Level 1
Burlington, VT

Location Optimization

My listing borders a popular tourist destination. But the town I'm in is different. So when they search for the tourist destination, I don't show up even though I'm right next door (a few hundred feet from the town border). Is there a way to fix this in my listing so guests know that I'm an option?

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Tom193  If you have never been a traveler on Air BNB, you might find it useful to look at the articles in the Help Center about how to search.  Travelers will use the map as a way to to zoom in and out.  Initially the map will list up to 300 listings within the reference point.  In very competive markets, the traveler will narrow results using search critieria, one of which is by neighborhood.

Thanks. We have traveled with AirBNB quite a bit. And I've always assumed I was seeing every listing based on moving the map, or the search criteria. But of course you wouldn't know if you weren't. But this is the first time we've listed ourselves and even when I move the map over my location and zoom in, it still only shows flags for the main town (Burlington, VT) and doesn't show any listings over the border in our town which is South Burlington. I was hoping that there was some setting or something to let the search engine know that we're "linked" to the main attraction somehow.

Maria-Lurdes0
Level 10
Union City, NJ

Hi @Tom193, I am in a similar situation as I am in Weehawken, NJ which is across the Hudson River from Times Square.   Have no fear, people will find you!   I would include some specific key words in your title and summary description, something that might be searchable. I'm not positive if this works or not, but it can't hurt!