Location Pin Incorrect and Won't Properly Correct

Rob131
Level 4
Baltimore, MD

Location Pin Incorrect and Won't Properly Correct

The location of my property is extremely important because it's a water view in a place where even a couple hundred feet makes a huge difference. I've updated the pin on my desktop and saved it. Now it's showing in a completely DIFFERENT wrong location that's even WORSE than before.

At first I thought maybe AirBnB moves the location within a certain radius to prevent users from somehow identifying the address and contacting hosts directly. Research suggests that isn't the case. 

This topic has been discussed many times and the prevailing response is to contact AirBnB dirctly (usually without luck). That's fine and I will do so... but why can't AirBnB simply place the pin properly? It shouldn't be this difficult and in touristy locations where a few doors down means a world of difference this is incredibly frustrating.

If you've got this problem, too... give this post a thumbs up and let's put it on AirBnB's support radar to be fixed.

19 Replies 19

Thanks for this feedback... maybe AirBnB support will be nice and at least move it closer for me. It's crazily far away from the water now. Contacted support this AM- fingers crossed!

Kevin382
Level 1
Muscat, Oman

My sympathies - I have the same problem and as my address is also listed wrong (I didn't enter it wrong!) it means an extra hassle to always tell guests not to go to number 9 but go to number 1 instead. I have also contacted Airbnb and thought it was solved but no... still wrong.

Good luck - very frustrating I know!

Eileen0
Level 9
London, United Kingdom

This happened to me when I first joined with Airbnb.  I found the longitude and latitude of my address (you can google it) and then passed this onto someone at Airbnb.  Hope that helps

Willow3
Level 10
Coupeville, WA

Townmap.jpeg

This is my town - we don't have anywhere near 300 listings so we should all be visible.  I'm not in this view - even though my listing is the first result in the photo grid.  My town is small, and not ONE of these price flags in in the correct spot.  My flag is behind the $185 and $139 flags, even though if this were a satelite image, my house would be clearly visible.  It's just to provide a rough estimate.  

So again, make your first photo captivating, and provide pertinant information in your listing details.  I've a friend who also hosts in our town, and she has THE best views in the entire town.  The map has her in the water, lol.  She posts gorgeous photos, and captions them with "enjoy these views with your coffee" where my photos are captioned "just a few minutes walk".  

Brittany-and-Carlos0
Level 1
Bogotá Distrito Capital, CO

I have something similar...by Airbnb won't let me publish my listing because it thinks my pin location is not close enough to the address...but it is incorrect...I've placed the pin exactly there and it still says "move pin close to actual address."

Anyone else with this problem? What do I do?!