Location Search Issue

Benn1
Level 2
Canary Islands, Spain

Location Search Issue

Hi Airbnbers

I have 2 restaurants and 2 private home rentals registered with airbnb

My issue is from a clients point of view

I live on an Island in the Canary Islands called Lanzarote. When you search for Lanzarote the results received are mostly for another island 'Gran Canaria' which is over 100miles away and reachable by plane or large boat!!! 

I get many clients that try and search on our island and find it impossible without using the map option

maybe the issue is that Lanzarote island is in the municipal of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria. 

i cant find a way of contacting Airbnb to ask about this issue

Can anyone help

Regards Benn 

1 Reply 1
Jp22
Level 2
Canary Islands, Spain

Yes this is a huge problem, I run an air BnB "experience" in Lanzarote Island but a very small percentage of the people coming to stay on the Island get to know about it because Lanzarote gets thrown in with the much larger Island Gran Canaria, which is ridiculous from a marketing perspective as people tend to travel exclusively to just one Island, unlike say in the Greek Islands where Island hopping is common, they need to change this. It is a major flaw and is simple to change, it just needs somebody to amend the system and not place 3 separate tourist Islands under the one category ( las Palmas ) the local government name for all three Islands that air Bnb is using on their system. It might make sense for local government but it makes no sense for a tourist product, accommodation or experience