Location Too Far??? New feature needed on Airbnb

Location Too Far??? New feature needed on Airbnb

Is there any way you can put a feature on the listing that lets the future guests know how far their main destination is from a location point that the hosts provide in the backend? It’s concerning when a future guest asks for the exact location after booking and it makes me uncomfortable when someone books, gets my address in their receipt and then cancels and says the place is too far.

3 Replies 3
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Maybe #tags would help so people could search for example : Zagreb, Croatia, The main square ... and then the map would open with units arround this area.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Marylin

In my description I include the distance to the next major towns and the coast.

I include the distance to the nearest bus stop, bus station and train station.

I include a reference to the local car hire firms and taxi  companies and advise that car hire is preferable due to the limited bus service ( one bus per hour and none on a Sunday)

I include in my listing on the names of the local tourist attractions in the area, including bars and restaraunts with closing times ......the rest is really up to the guest, who should be able to follow on from this information and plan the rest of their trip.

Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Marylin

I would consider Instant Book with a Strict Cancellation policy as it weeds out the time wasters.

I have a very strict and clear set of house rules/ house manual.

I have set my Instant Book to ONLY accept guests with a government verified ID, name if accompanying guest, reason for their visit to the area, estimated time of arrival  and to have a profile giving a few lines of info about themselves.

In 3 seasons I’ve just had 2 poor guests.

1 set had an industrial scale laundry operation in full swing, causing £200 plumbing fees after they drained 3 huge water reservoir tanks, by continually washing laundry under a running shower and drying off all this laundry with the bedroom hairdryers.

This season it was my entitled young woman who point blank refused to pay for the use of my laundry washing machine and electric tumble drier after she used the service.