Long Term Reservation

Long Term Reservation

Hi All,

Seasons greetings! We've received a reservation request of 4 months from Oct 2019 to end Jan 2020. Great to get such interest. The guest is asking for us to come back with a special offer based on those dates, which is fair enough. My question is as follows -

1. How do I transact this, when the calendar hasn't opened up that far as yet as I'm afraid someone else will come in and book the first guest out?

2. At present, the calendar dates only show a standard daily rate with no fluctuation or surge pricing due to weekend or holiday period (eg Christmas & New Year). How do I calculate a special offer for this guest accordingly?

Thanks for your kind consideration and Happy New Year.

Cheers,

Russ

2 Replies 2
Jalyn1
Level 1
County Dublin, Ireland

I’m not sure but you can check the smart pricing as they call it to change your price to what ever deal you both agreed. But with the months u can

checked your calendar and maybe

check if you can block the date from oct to even dec. hope this help 🙂

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Russell120: Be careful with long term renters longer than 8 weeks (especially if their mail is forwarded) as they are no longer considered "guests" but tenants. Tenant rights come into play after 56 days (in the US).

In regard to your questions:

1. If you are setup for "Instant book" turn it off. ***Don't use Instant book in general. You will have more problems then you would like.*** Open the calendar with the dates they are looking to book and ethier change the day prices individually or make a lump sum special offer. If you open the dates with Instant book turned off no one can book any dates without your approval so you can just decline any inquiry that tries to jump in there.

2. Change all dates to whatever prices you want. More $$ on the weekends, more on holidays, less on the weekdays. Whatever. I then log-out of my Airbnb account and go onto my Airbnb page and book the dates like I was a regular guest. I see what the total pricing is with tax and services and adjust my "special offer" accordingly.

Also...never use Smart Pricing. Its not very smart.