Long Term reservation payment options

Matthew10
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Long Term reservation payment options

Hello,

I have a inquiry from a potential guest for 3 months. They want to know if they can make monthly payments instead of the lump sum at the begging?

Does Airbnb permit monthly payments thru their platform or do we have to accept the payment privately?

Thanks

-Matt

2 Replies 2
Scott4
Level 2
Richland, WA

Hi Matthew!

It may have chaged but... In 2015 I had a few longer term bookings and the payment was automatically monthly. The cancelation default was something very strict basically requiring cancelation 30 days ahead with full payment of those 30 days and I believe 50% of anything longer. 

edit. - My bad. Long term cancel brfore arrival results in you getting full 1st month. Cancel during stay requires guest to change/alter reservation which you would have to agree to and results in you getting the next 30 days or until original reservation ends. No 50%. 

Deborah0
Level 10
California, United States

The AIrbnb system is set up so that for any booking over 28 days, Airbnb collects the first month payment in advance, and then collects the following month's payments from the guest each month as time goes along.  So partial payments is already the way the system works.  You get paid for first month after guest arrives, then 2nd month you get paid after the first day that 2nd month of reservation starts, etc.