Long term guests

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

Long term guests

Last year was a busy year of a lot of short term stays and it was a hassle. I was managing 3-5 listings over two houses. I learned a lot, but switched over to hosting monthly guests. Its a huge difference and I really enjoy it more than I thought I would. 

The money is about the same when I factor in how much less time I do cleaning, buying new linens and worrying about checking in and out guests. Theres no daily laundry to do or house to clean or people to check in. I do it weekly now because its the same people and they are so low maintenance. Not to mention theres so much less traffic going in and out of my house.

I drove away from my house the other day on the way to work and realized how much more at ease I am in life and with my guests. 

Some hosts dont like long term guests and I used to think the same but long term guests dont act like short term guests. Short term guests tend to have so many questions and issues about anything and everything and want to use your laundry and cook like crazy while my long term guests are the opposite.  

Just thinking out loud. 🙂

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Zacharias0

I agree. I have a mix of short and long term guests. The amount of work for long term guests is much less and they act more like "tennants" then as guests. Which can also be a trap, because legally they can consider themselves indeed as tennants. But as in my case they are mostly internatination students, they simply leave after finishing their internships. My minimum stay for short term is also 3 nights, not to hassle with a lot of different people arriving and going within short times, including all the extra work comes with it.

best regards,

Emiel

@Zacharias   Congratulations – you've found your niche. I've had a couple of long term guests and they were a joy to host: international students and interns.  I'm getting tired of guests who never reply to messages re: arrival time, I've had a slew of them recently.