Long term reservation - discounts and cancellation

Diana309
Level 2
Hong Kong

Long term reservation - discounts and cancellation

Hi everyone,

I've not really done long-term hosting here on Airbnb. During my first month of hosting on Airbnb I accepted a guest who wanted to stay 2 mths and asked for a discount, this was in peak season, Dec - Feb. I gave him a good discount but he cancelled the second month before check-in and I was disadvantaged coz I had given him a big discount for 2 mths and he paid for only 1, during peak season. Now I have a guest asking for 5 mths, also over peak and shoulder season. Do I charge him a higher rate for peak season and lower rates for shoulder, which is what I would advertise for anyways? Or negotiate for total of 5 months? How do I make sure that I would not lose out if I give him a discount and he bails like the earlier guest? 

Thanks so much.  

Diana

1 Reply 1
Oomesh-Kumarsingh0
Level 10
Pamplemousses, Mauritius

@Diana309 There is a win win situation where you can ask the guest to book only for 2months via Airbnb if you feel you can trust him/her you then can get the rest of the payment in cash. I wouldnt recommend you to do it but it sometimes can be very helpful for long term guests. Good luck!!!