Looking for other hosts in Brevard County, FL

Bob953
Level 2
Merritt Island, FL

Looking for other hosts in Brevard County, FL

Hey y'all!

I'm new to hosting and I am pretty excited to get started. I am having a hard time finding other Hosts in my area so I can learn so of the area specifics (like cleaning prices, taxes, peak seasons). 

I have created a facebook group so we can all connect: https://www.facebook.com/groups/scstr/ 

I would love to meet some other hosts from Palm Bay, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Cape Canaveral, Merritt Island, Rockledge, Satellite Beach, and Titusville. 

Talk to you soon!

Bob

Bob Hutton
Love My Stay, LLC
407-367-9493
7 Replies 7
Sandra707
Level 2
Cape Canaveral, FL

welcome to hosting! 🙂 

Thank you! We are super excited. We maybe picking our first two units tomorrow. We just interviewed a cleaner and she is going to be a good fit. I'm trying to figure out how the cleaner would get notified of our guest departing...do we tell her every time?

Bob Hutton
Love My Stay, LLC
407-367-9493

HI there. I run a housekeeping company in Summit County Colorado. Summmit is a huge vacation destination! I creat Google calendars for my STR clients. Anytime anything is added or changed I recieve an email. I can then add the clean on my housekeeper's calendar. 

Please let me know if you would like more info on how to make that run efficiently for you. Pretty simple, but definately have some tricks and advice.

Also, I am very excited to hopefully be under contract in early December on my first AirBnb in Satellite Beach FL!! 

Hi Bob, I am having trouble locating your facebook group. What is the name of the group?

@Bob953 @Sandra707 We are thinking about hosting an Airbnb in Melbourne (Indialantic beach near paradise beach & park). Do you have any cleaner and local contact to recommend? Do you know any local host groups? Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi there! I am a host in the Merritt Island area. We have a second home there and we like to rent it out for monthly rentals when we are not staying or visiting family in the area. 

We’ve actually had plenty of friends and family stay at our home as well to visit our mutual family members or just to enjoy the beauties of Florida for a short while. 

Since we’ve closed, I’ve learned there is a 90 day requirement in Brevard County, Florida. Certainly not looking to ruffle any feathers or go against current code enforcement. However, I do think it would be in the benefit of the area to have this 90 day restriction lifted or reduced to 30 days at the very least. 

Our neighbor who I’ve been very open and honest with has been seemingly making lots of noise about our home and even has called code enforcement on our friends and family who we might be just letting stay the weekend, not even renting for the short period of time. 

I am wondering if anybody here has any insight into how this can be petitioned for change or if anybody is experiencing the same issues in the area. 

Cathy918
Level 2
Melbourne Village, FL

Hello! I have been hosting for three years. My studio is attached to my home but private. I would happy to answer questions that you may have that possibly I experienced. I am also available to co-host should you be away.

Cathy

Cathy Sutphin