Looking to become a full-time Co-Host Overseas

Sara519
Level 1
San Diego, CA

Looking to become a full-time Co-Host Overseas

Hello All, 

I am an experienced traveler and have worked in the hospitality industry for over a decade.  I currently live in San Diego and am looking to re-locate overseas - I am open to the destination - Central America, Caribbean, S America/Brazil (warm, sun-filled, beach, jungle, markets and safe).

I am seeking a mulit-room, eco-minded space to manage everything from bookings, staff, kitchen, tours & activities.  I want your guests to feel VIP & for your Air BnB to run smoothly and stress free.  

I am also a yoga/meditation instructor and chef.  I spent over 2 years serving in the Peace Corps and love meeting travelers and respect people from all origins and religions.  I am reliable, accountable, a clear communicator and ready for adventure.

I look forward to hearing from you!  If you have any other suggestions as how to make this a reality I am open to your guidance!

Blessings, 

Sara

[Link hidden]

6 Replies 6
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

@Sara519 Are you authrorised to work in all those countries?

David

Hi David, 

Good question.  I'm not, but will happily expedite Visa requirements for the right fit. 

Lisa658
Level 10
Hervey Bay, Australia

@Sara519

You may like to write to some of the yoga retreats directly.  In Koh Phangan there is a big yoga community - you might try Ananda.  I think I saw something on their website a while ago about a work exchange program.  The Sanctuary is really nice and may be worth a shot.

Trivandrum is a big centre for Ayurvedic studies.  They have a lot of international students.  You could look for yoga centres in that area as well.  The schools tend to have accommodation provided in their packages so they may be interested in some sort of proposed exchange.

I haven't looked at Trip Tribe in a while but there may be someone or some listings that you could approach on their site.

Once you are on the road you can use connections that you make to perhaps find a placement that is more what you are after.  Just suggesting this as a stepping stone to get started as relocating can often be the best way forward.

Sounds like a great adventure and I wish you the best of luck, Lisa

Hi Lisa, 

thank you so much for all of the suggestions. Those are definitely steps in the right direction & exactly what I was using this forum for!  You are right a/b getting there & then things coming together, that's always the way it's worked for me in the past. I'm having a hard time narrowing my destination- it needs to be safe, beach, jungle& not so, so far flung as I'd still like to be close enough to the US to get to family & vice verses.   Thank you for your time & suggestions!

Svelte-Anita0
Level 2
San Diego, CA

Sunshinestories

[Link hidden]

Check them out! Met them in Portugal and they are amazing.

I have a similar CV like you do and they are on my list.  I manage vacation rentals in San Diego right now. [Link hidden]

Best, Svelte

Diana-And-Don0
Level 7
Las Terrenas, Dominican Republic

Hello , did  search "yoga" on airbnb community  you may be interested in our yoga center here in Dominic  Republic.  We host retreats up to 24 guests.  we cater only to techers/schools that bring their own students.  

We also welcome many yogis travelling on their own and they are welcome to use our facilities, enjoy our beaches and much more...

Our center is called SHIVA'S CAVE YOGA RETREAT CENTER 

Why not consider organizing and promoting retreats... work with yoga centers and schools

Namaste