Loophole on Strict Cancellation Policy, taking advantage of guests. Happiness Group SAS / Colombia.

Victor511
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Loophole on Strict Cancellation Policy, taking advantage of guests. Happiness Group SAS / Colombia.

Dont rent from Happiness Group SAS Colombia.

How about the huge loophole the “stric policy has for us the guests? It’s a total scam!

i cancelled my reservation 4months in advance before check in, and got NOTHING BACK!!! Because supposedly is 48 hours before booking or 15 days brfore check in! Wjat about those 4 months that the host hat time to re-rent the place!?? They kept $2380!!! And they still rented the place to someone else. That policy is a money trap and airbnb stands with the host! Of course they want their commision. Who cares about the guests throwing all their holidays money for some strangers at an apartment they never gonna stay.

it shouldnt be only 48 and 15 days. It should have more exceptions. This is unfail. 4 monthd in advanve cancellation gives the host plenty time to rent the place and give the guest it’s money back. I cancelled 4 months in advance after 15 days of booking it and got NOTHING BACK. So they are enjoying my $2380 that nwpek hard with, us whatever more money they rented the place for, and they didnt move a finger

1 Reply 1
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Appreciate this is frustrating.

But it sounds like you chose to book a place with a strict cancellation policy so even though you booked some months out, you would lose 50% in line with the cancellation terms you booked under.

I agree that if the host rebooked some or all of your stay the right thing to do is to provide you with an additional refund. Did you have that conversation with the host and ask whether they were willing to do this.

However this is not a loop hole and definitely not a scam. You chose to book a place with a strict cancellation policy knowing that if you cancelled you would lose 50% of the fee.  You would be in the same position if you booked an airline ticket or package holiday.