Losing Superhost Status after Covid 19 Government lockdown. Doesn't make sense!!

Nidhi---Sam0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Losing Superhost Status after Covid 19 Government lockdown. Doesn't make sense!!

So here's the thing. We're in London, England.

We recently turned on the airbnb lights so to speak after a year of lockdown, on and off.

We found we lost our Superhost Status because we didn't have 100 days booked in the last 365.

I phoned up and spoke at length with airbnb team and they said sorry - them's the rules. It's the algorithm that decides - nothing we can do...but I said no one in England has been able to host - WE WERE IN LOCKDOWN!!!

Our last guest left on March 16th 2020 and then we had a plethora of cancellations (naturally) as we went into full lockdown on 23rd March 2020.

With the UK opening up on May 17th 2021 and, if the truth be told, probably no one is really operating fully as I write this in London until at least June 21st,

I imagine that the whole of England airbnb hosts have lost their Superhost status.

Because who was able to host 100 days in the last 365? Tell me how? Anybody else suffer the same inglorious, illogical fate?

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Nidhi---Sam0 

There were limited requirements setup to retain Superhost status:

https://www.airbnb.com/resources/hosting-homes/a/updates-to-the-2021-superhost-assessments-257

But i assume you did not meet the minial requirements.

I am (still) Superhost now, but i don't care about it. It is not important, as  I receive same amount of bookings, being a Superhost or not. It is only a marketing tool, don't value it too high.

Actually I met the minimal requirements - that's the thing.

as long as you continue to uphold a 90% response rate or higher and at least a 4.8 overall rating.

YES and YES

During this period, current Superhosts will not need to meet our usual criteria for:

• 10 stays in the past year (or 100 nights over at least three stays for hosts with longer-term reservations)
  • Maintaining a cancellation rate of 1% or less

And yet I lost my Superhost Status.

I do value it highly as it took a lot of effort to get it! And to lose it for no apparent logical reason seems unfair - given we're coming out of lockdown and, being in central London where we've lost 7% of our population in the last year, with NO international visitors and few national visitors, I beg to differ - every little bit of marketing helps. Especially if a Superhost status can position one in the 'top tier' and/or create some differentiation/USP...every little helps.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Nidhi---Sam0 

When you click this link where does it say you fell short? What category? Make sure you are on the right assessment period: April 1, 2020 - March 31, 2021

https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost

Nidhi---Sam0
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

1 Apr 2020 to 31 Mar 2021. Overall rating - * and o stays. Obviously!! England was in lockdown from March 23rd 2020. Response rate 100% and cancellation rate 0%. So it was the fact that I had NO GUESTS during lockdown when we were NOT allowed to receive guests. This was the UK Government directive. And this went on until May 17th 2021. So how the Bejezemus did ANYONE in UK keep their Superhost Status. That's what I want to know! And why can't airbnb recognise this issue?