Lost Super Host Status even with 4.98 overall and no guests since March!!!!!!!!

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Lost Super Host Status even with 4.98 overall and no guests since March!!!!!!!!

WTF? Airbnb. 

David-and-Fiona0_0-1601709180337.png

24 Replies 24
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0 It's a computer algorithm so I wouldn't take it personally. I guess the 3 recent reviews below 5 stars were just too many to make the 4.8 cut in the last 12 months.

Have stays been banned in the Philippines for the last 7 months or is it personal choice not to host?

Hi. Mike. All travel domestically and internationally has been stopped in the Philippines since March. Unfortunately I do take it personally as it’s something any prepubescent coder could fix and the criteria should simply be put on hold. Airbnb hasn’t had our backs through this crisis and I’m seriously thinking of leaving the platform when things recover. 

@David-and-Fiona0 Airbnb have actually suspended two of the 4 criteria re Superhost status. As a result its only response rate and the overall star rating for the last 12 months that count.

While you may not agree, if Airbnb just left everyone already a Superhost as a Superhost it would devalue the concept totally. Also if they suspended the concept then new hosts would not be able to achieve the Superhost status.

I fear they have made the best of the dreadful situation the World finds itself in.

My overall rating is 4.98 as shown in the screen capture above (last 12 months)

@David-and-Fiona0 If that is for the last 12 months ( I assumed it was all reviews) and you have been responding to people in time then you should have maintained your status.

If you go into the performance tab of your account and go to the Superhost tab what does it show?

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0 - Pretty sure that is the average from when you started..... Not your score for the last 12 months.... The two scores CAN differ wildly, especially when you've been hosting a long time... (cf my own overall rating since Feb 2017 is 4.80; yet my ratings for the last 12 months are 4.9/4.9/5.0 for my 3 rooms.) 

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@David-and-Fiona0 What is your response rate?

@David-and-Fiona0 

If you go to the Superhost Tab (under Performance) it will tell you exactly which requirement is lacking.

99%

@David-and-Fiona0 

This is the screenshot you need to be focused on. Superhost is measured on your hosting performance in the last 12 months (in this case Oct 1, 2019 to Sept 20, 2020.) It does not encompass your entire time as a host. 

Screen Shot 2020-10-03 at 1.17.35 PM.png

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0 It is clearly down to your 4.6 rating over the last 12 months that you show on another post. Spamming the forum isn't overly helpful if you are really looking for answers. Surely you have noticed that in the last year that your ratings have dropped a bit.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@David-and-Fiona0  Harshly, unkindly & uncharitably worded, as only he can, - & does, as is his trademark, BUT probably correct as to the analysis of your superhost status! 

Many (who have kept their SH brownie badge) would say "Chin up! - It's not the end of the world! - And guests probably don't care, so it is unlikely to damage your business..." - If your government lets you recommence. 

Thanks @Helen350 

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Spamming? If you are cognitively challenged and can’t follow the post you don’t need to contribute. Just move on.