Lost in translation: Reviews seem bad, but they're not.

Vanessa252
Level 2
Copenhagen, Denmark

Lost in translation: Reviews seem bad, but they're not.

I've had on a couple of occassions now the following type of message with my review: 

"Your guest mentioned some issues that weren’t accurately reflected in your listing description: wifi, listing description, photos, amenities. Private cleanliness feedback Your guest suggested that your space could be cleaner in the following areas: towels and linens, shower, bathroom, kitchen."

And I was shocked - we always have great reviews, and people are so happy. In this case, I contacted my guest because I was so surprised (we got along really well) and I explained my confusion over this, and he wrote: 

"I am so sorry Vanessa. Every thing was in finest order. There was simply nothing to complain about."

So I'm wondering, is it something in the way the reviews are done that people are getting confused? Maybe they think they're checking off the 'good things' - "What was good?" 

This is the second guest I've talked to after a review like this came in where they said everything was fine. Either the guest doesn't want to talk about it (totally a possibility) or there's something wrong with the interface and the way they understand it. 

Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

1 Reply 1
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I have not seen it from a Guest perspective but I think what happens if they give less than 5 stars they are prompted for a reason and have to select a box to tick.

Then the system generates a meaningless notification.

Seems no way to turn them off, just hit the delete.

David