Lost of Superhost Status

Alfred-and-Hildegarde0
Level 2
White Rock, Canada

Lost of Superhost Status

It is unfortunate to hear from you the negative news about us loosing Superhost Status, because we have done nothing wrong to tarnish our reputation. We have a record of high ratings, prompt responses, and a strong commitment to everyone who's stayed with us.
Can you please, specify Superhost criteria requirements we missed?
We had 13 booked and confirmed reservations in last 3 months and not one cancelation by us.

If we lost our Superhost Status because we were requesting recently the State of Hawaii accommodation taxes, which must be collected and are remitted quarterly by us for the last 11 years, we have done it on your recommendation through your Resolution Center, following inaccurate email information from you, that we have received from you when joined.
Airbnb already apologized for that and not once.

Please, in the future, be more careful when judging our standings.
With regards,

Alfred and Hildegarde

13 Replies 13
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Alfred-and-Hildegarde0 when you check your progress what does it say you need to work on? The taxes have nothing to do with the Superhost status. 

Good question Anna; we do not know ourselves. We did ask so it will be very interesting how Airbnb will respond.

Greetings, Alfred and Hildegarde 

@Alfred-and-Hildegarde0 if you check your progress dashboard & change the super host assessment period to 1 July 2018-30 June 2019 it will show you where you have missed the target for super host. Unfortunately the response you'll get from airbnb is likely to be generic, but you can see what you've missed/need to improve on your dashboard.

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

As @Rachel177 explained here @Alfred-and-Hildegarde0, you can actually see what is it that stopped you from getting the status this quarter. 

Thank you Rachel; will do. Greetings, Alfred and Hildegarde 

Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

I still see you as superhosts...

Alfred-and-Hildegarde0
Level 2
White Rock, Canada

Hi Mikki,

thanks for trying to make our day.:) Here is a message from Airbnb we received today:

'Your Superhost status has changed
It looks like there have been some changes in your hosting over the last 3 months. It's possible you've hosted less or something may have come up, but as a result, a few Superhost criteria requirements were missed. That means you didn't quite qualify for Superhost status during this assessment period.
We know that this can be disappointing, but there's another assessment period coming up in October 2019. With your track record of high ratings, prompt responses, and a strong commitment to everyone who's stayed with you, it's possible to earn Superhost status again.
In the meantime, we invite you to visit our Host Community Center—it's a great place to connect with other hosts to swap ideas on how to strengthen ratings or get more bookings. '

To be honest, we don't worry. We have been renting very successfully since 2008 and joined Airbnb in only 2016 just to try out on somebody's recommendation. We have many repeated guests. But we sure don't like what Airbnb have done to us. 

Thanks for your kindness; Hildegarde 

Luis991
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

Hi there! After 9 times in a Row i’ve lost my Superhost status. The problem is that i don’t Understand why. On my profile page i keep the 4,8* level but the ‘automatized’ program said i have 4.7 and that’s what i have to work on until october. I can’t believe. Have any idea of how the evaluation works? 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Luis991 Are you sure that your score is 4.8* and not 4.7? Have you had any lower reviews lately? If you are sure that you are above 4.8* you need to contact Airbnb directly so that they can correct if there is any mistake. 

Luis991
Level 2
Balearic Islands, Spain

Absolutely, i Took pics of my profile same day same minute and appear 4,8 on main profile and 4.7 of 4.8 on things to performance...i contacted airbnb By phone and said it was automated and have to wait until october. 

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Luis991 you also have to take into consideration that for Superhost they only take into account the reviews for the past year and not in general. But if Airbnb told you that there is nothing to be done unfortunately I have no other ideas. Maybe the other hosts here can give some other advice. 

Troy109
Level 2
Tampa, FL

I had 1.. 1 reservation that didn't follow any check out instructions.  Left my place in a mess. Kids weren't watched as they took a magnet to my stainless steel refrigerator.  They use stuff every where.  I had to say something.  The girl was so mad she left me my ONLY horrible review.  I contacted airbb before that. I told them of her damage.  Then i saw my review she left and because of her review and 1 cancellation i had to do for repairs by hoa. I had unlisted and something happened and a booking came in that i immediately replied and explained.  Its show 1.83 cancellation?  How's that possible.  So abb wont fix the review that i proved that the person didn't tell the truth and she threatened me. So sad that the customer wins. Even ones that if you say anything to people they can ruin all the work we do as host. Truly unfair.  

Mark1357
Level 4
Casa de Oro-Mount Helix, CA

Lost My status too for the first time since I've started. Lost it because of cancellation during stay at home order?  Guest couldn't even travel.and it was ordered by state if I hosted a guest I would have actually violated a state order and put myself and my guests health at risk? Thinking of going to another app the way this company is handling itself horribly. Sad!