Lost superhost status even though I’m above criteria

Zoe371
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Lost superhost status even though I’m above criteria

Please help, I work so hard to keep superhost status and for some reason I have lost it.
I spoke to Airbnb support and they said it’s an automatic generated system and there’s nothing they can do. This can’t happen and must be wrong if you meet criteria or above surely you can keep the superhost?? 
I’m very confused about this rating system and it’s unfair for hardworking superhosts to loose it for no reason!!!!

8 Replies 8
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Zoe371  You can easily see on your Superhost page which criteria you didn't meet. It isn't "for no reason", unless it was a  tech glitch.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

@Zoe371 

Try this link: https://www.airbnb.com/performance/superhost

Where does it say you fell short? Make sure you are on the right assessment period (Jan 1, 2021 - Dec 31, 2021)

Zoe371
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

D91E8738-BB02-4BC6-95A3-081908E2385E.jpeg@Emilia42  thanks for the link but it’s very confusing as it looks as though I’ve got 4.9 but then says 4.7. I don’t understand why there are 2 ratings?

@Zoe371   Superhost is based on the previous 365 days activity. So one rating is from the time you started hosting, and the other is the stats assessed for Superhost. You need to look on the Superhost page, not what you posted here.

Zoe371
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

@Sarah977 thanks for this information as I spoke to an Airbnb expert and he said it’s an automated system and there is nothing he can do.
He didn’t tell the what you said and it’s way more helpful than the info he gave me.

@Zoe371  The CS reps are basically useless. They repeat things like robots and seem incapable of giving simple explanations. I know I can find much better advice and explanations from other hosts here than from any CS rep.

Yes, it is automatically calculated, but Airbnb is full of tech glitches, and I know there have been hosts who met all the criteria before and still lost Superhost status. And Airbnb can take a look at possible glitches and correct them, but the lowly telephone answerers can't, and so just repeat the same unhelpful thing over and over.

Try not to get too invested in the idea of Superhost- it really doesn't have much to do with how hard you work to be a good host, because while you have control over the other criteria like response rate, not cancelling, and trying to get at least 10 bookings a year, (or 100 ddays over at least 3 bookings), hosts have little control over whatever star ratings a guest decides to leave and unless you get hundreds of bookings a year, one 4* overall rating can tank your rating. And plenty of guests leave 4* ratings, when there was nothing wrong with their stay at all. 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Sorry @Zoe371  I can't see why you wouldn't have got SH status either.

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Zoe371 

I don't know if you are using the App or desktop, but I can't see the page you posted above. The Insights section looks different on my screen.

Try this from a desktop if you can: Go to Insights and then click on Superhost. Here you should see the stats for the current assessment period, including whether you are meeting the criteria in each category or not. It should look something like this:

Screenshot 2022-01-05 at 16.11.51.png