MAP or LISTING VIEW - booking frustration !

Answered!
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

MAP or LISTING VIEW - booking frustration !

Until recently Airbnb had split view on desktop - you could see the list of listings on the left and the map on the right side of your window. So you could mouse-over the listing on the left and you would instantly see where it is located on the map - the small price bubble would change the color.

It was great, user friendly, easy... ! 🙂

Now, Airbnb has changed it. WHY OH WHY ????????????     😞 😞

This is what you see now when you choose your destination (default setting is SHOW LISTINGS and you can change it to SHOW MAP )

1.png

.... so what can you do with this endless list of listings if you can't see where they are located ? 😞

Ok, you switch to SHOW MAP.... and this is what you will see :

2.png

... now you see the map but you can't see listings photo.... you have to click (not mouse-over!) at each price bubble to see it.

BUT !!! ....

when you click on it , your map will move down from it's previous position and will stay there even when you close the listing's preview !  So if you want to preview another listing in the same street you will have to move the map up, on it's previous position !

How stupid is that ????? 

To be able to see let's say 10 listing's previews you will have to adjust/move up the map  10x !!!!! 

3.png

Airbnb.... I think I speak in the name of all Airbnb hosts - IF SOMETHING IS GOOD AND WORKING - DO NOT CHANGE IT !!!!!!

Concentrate and change to all those bugs and things which are not good, not user friendly or not working properly.

Hosts can  give you a long list of things to improve if IT sector needs fresh ideas.

For example:

1)  Split listing / map view

2) Add a pet fee

3)  enable  non-instant book option for certain dates only (like New year eve for example..) while all other dates still remain instant bookable.

4) enable the possibility to change the number of guests included in the base price for certain period . ( for example off season price is for 2 guests and during the season is for 3 guests) . This way large homes wouldn't be booked by small groups during the high season.

... continue the list...

p.s.

At least instant book is not a default setting any more . Good job ABB!

1 Best Answer

Hi @Branka-and-Silvia0 ,

everyone who starts out with airbnb is going through a learning curve and so did I. When I started out I came up with real thoughtful threads on serious subjects including well layed out statistics and the like, I think You've seen them.

Meanwhile my main activity on the german CC is „Bilderrätsel“. There's an endless 300 page thread in the german CC where a CC-member loads up a picture to the platform and the others have to guess what it is. I'm pretty good at it.

Take a look:

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Freizeit/Was-ist-das-f%C3%BCr-ein-Objekt/td-p/538363/page/293

View Best Answer in original post

52 Replies 52

@Susan17  I can immagine 😞  You should contact Airbnb through Twitter , Facebook etc... until they do something.  And until then - open your profile on Booking.com, VrbO etc..  to get some bookings

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Pete0,

after map/listing view changed at least 10x in last couple of days, today I noticed the prices shown are THE AVERAGE NIGHTLY PRICE + CLEANING FEE + AIRBNB SERVICE FEE

Both the US and UK (via VPN) are still showing base price on map and in the results list with (?) showing total price.

What I find stranger is that no one in the US seems to care that it makes price search broken on the web.

Fenno0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Going to book at booking.com now, I cannot do a proper search anymore with the lists and map being separated. 

@Fenno0 

since this topic was posted Airbnb changed it again and now (at least in my area) list and map are not separated anymore. But, you have to select the city + the dates + to click on "show map" button in the upper right corner to see list and map in one window 

David4331
Level 1
Lehi, UT

An easy solution is homeaway.com and booking.com. Map view works great on both and you can book most of the same properties.

Amy1120
Level 1
Girona, Spain

I just logged in after nearly 8 month break and the user interface to find accommodation is TERRIBLE. 

TINY map.

NO PRICES on any listing in list.

No prices showing on listing icons on Map.

You have to click on everything individually to get ANY information.

WHY DID THEY CHANGE IT?

It was SO user friendly before.

Now I just feel like I'm being manipulated to look at listings I'm not interested in.

Horrible experience.

Airbnb: Why are you fixing things that are not broken??

@Amy1120 

interface has changed since I wrote this post

prices are shown when you enter dates and the number of people in a group, but I agree with everything else you said 🙂