MTCN

Giorgi666
Level 2
Tbilisi, Georgia

MTCN

Hi,

I received MTCN for 483 $ , but have to transfer money to guest 300$ . Will it automatically change to 183$ after transfer? 

9 Replies 9
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Giorgi666,

What is MTCN?

Chris232
Level 10
Petersfield, United Kingdom

@Debra300 

Google;

Money Transfer Control Number

In principle, the receiver does not need to have a bank account. To receive money, the receiver needs to present the Money Transfer Control Number (MTCN) that will be communicated from the sender and to perform the prescribed procedure at a receiving location. Receive an MTCN and other information from the sender.
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Chris232,

Thank you for the information.

@Giorgi666,

Are you saying that Airbnb sent you an MTCN for $483, and told you to send the guest $300?  That doesn't sound like their normal process for handling refunds.  They usually refund the guest, and withhold money from the host's future payouts.

O, really? I did not know that.

No, guest has complained and requests 300 $ back. But I am waiting for Airbnb's answer.

So I can withdraw my483 $ as you say, right?

@Giorgi666  Can you give more details about this booking and its cancellation? This sounds highly irregular- it sounds as if you are being scammed.

Was this by any chance a booking you accepted where the booker proposed that he books and pays but doesn't stay and that you split the money?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Debra300  Ah, thanks for that. I did read that thread before, but didn't realize it was the same guest- now that I went back to reread it, it's obvious. But it still sounds highly irregular, as you pointed out, this isn't the normal way Airbnb takes care of refunds.

@Giorgi666 This guest needs to cancel from his end and let Airbnb deal with the refund process. Do not respond to the guest's demands. And I don't understand what you mean by 

"So I can withdraw my 483 $"- what do you mean "withdraw"? Airbnb issues you your payouts and they are either deposited in your bank account, paypal, or whatever your payout method is. Once the money is in your account, it is yours. If Airbnb determines you've been overpaid, they will take the money you owe out of your future payouts before transferring money into your account, they don't take it back out of your bank account- they have no authority to do that. 

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Giorgi666,

Would you please confirm if the MTCN was sent to you by Airbnb?  If it was not Airbnb, was it sent by the guest? Has Airbnb sent you a payout notification?

Thank you. 

Now I understand how it works. 

Can I complain the guest? He stole the key :))) and says he is not going to return untill I refund him.