Make 'unavailable' the default

Malin0
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Make 'unavailable' the default

Hi everyone!

We rent out our place only every now and then, so we want the place to be unavailable by default and only make it available for the dates I choose to be available. How would I achieve this?

Also, I have now received an instant booking for October, where I thought our place was not available. I'd want to cancel this booking, but doing so would result in a fine and a comment/review on our listing, which I would deem unfair, since we didn't want to rent it out in the first place. How would I go about this. It seems that it's no longer possible to contact Airbnb?

Thanks a lot!

Malin

23 Replies 23

Worked, thank you!

Andreas187
Level 2
M, Germany

Why is that setting be so hard to find and unclear ("booking window: 12 months" does in no way hint to a setting for default unavailability)?

I agree!

From a desktop using a browser first go to "Listings" :

https://www.airbnb.com/rooms

Under your listing’s title select "Edit". Choose "Availability" from the top. From the next page select "Edit" next to "Reservation preferences". Here from the drop down menu under "Booking window" choose "Dates unavailable by default"

Margo75
Level 1
Austin, TX

They have changed the wording. It is now "I'll open specific dates"

Barbara398
Level 1
Portsmouth, NH

Go to Listing, Pricing & Availability , scroll down to "Availability Window," and choose "Unavailable by Default" from pull-down menu.

Thank you.... this was an easy way to follow 

@Malin0 on the phone app:

-Go to your menu pages as a host. 

-At the bottom you'll see the icon for calendar.

-click on the listing you want to make unavailable by default

-click on the menu icon at the top right of the screen 

-you come to a page beginning with 'Settings'.

-scroll down until you reach the title 'calendar'.

-click on the subtitle underneath it, 'Availability settings' 

-scroll to the bottom option,  and click on 'Availability window' 

-there will be a few options to choose from. Click on the last option. 'Dates unavailable by default'

-make sure to save this new setting on the bottom right of the screen.

-your listing is now blocked by default and will only become available for dates that you manually make available.

Screenshot_20220825-135303_Airbnb.jpgScreenshot_20220825-135118_Airbnb.jpgScreenshot_20220825-135124_Airbnb.jpgScreenshot_20220825-135650_Airbnb.jpgScreenshot_20220825-135615_Airbnb.jpgScreenshot_20220825-135539_Airbnb.jpg

Sybe
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
Terneuzen, Netherlands

@Suzette72 This is really useful with the screenshots added. Thanks for sharing!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen