Make your life easier (and guests) by using a QR code for WiFi access.

David-and-Fiona0
Level 10
Panglao, Philippines

Make your life easier (and guests) by using a QR code for WiFi access.

I’m a super host but currently travelling around Europe for 2 months exclusively using Airbnb’s. The number of hosts here that use incredibly long and complicated WiFi passwords is mind boggling. It’s actually a pain in the a#@@ each time we move. Here’s  a pro tip for hosts out there. You can generate your own unique QR code for WiFi access. All your guest needs to do is aim their camera on the smart phone or device at the QR code and in most devices it will automatically connect them. Give it a try. https://qifi.org/

Hope me this helps some of you

cheers

david. 

17 Replies 17
Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Thank you, @David-and-Fiona0

Sue-and-Andrew0
Level 4
Johannesburg, South Africa

Thanks for sharing - a great idea!  Probably need the actual code as a backup for laptop users.  It seems that the user needs to download a QR scanner on their Android phone whereas the iOS camera automatically supports QR codes... and of course they may need WiFi to download the scanner.

If AirBNB implemented this as a standard then it would be worthwhile for frequent travellers to download the scanner; otherwise probably not.

I'll try including on my welcome note for iOS users and see how it goes.  Thanks again

Philip145
Level 1
Mount Coot-Tha, Australia

Thanks forthe tip. I have printed it off and will test later today.

Kind Regards, Phil & Denisse.

Edwin57
Level 10
New York, United States

Thank you I will look into it

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I did download a QR reader but never used it so deleted it.

I normally use my Chromebook anyway.

I have had this happen to me, saw no need for a complicated password, just make it simple, problem solved.

David
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Great tip @David-and-Fiona0 🙂 I know what you mean about the wifi passwords, sometimes they can be very long. This is a clever idea. 

I hope you are having a great trip. How far through your trip are you?

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Thanks @Lizzie. The trips been amazing but unfortunately we have had a setback with Fiona being laid up in Hospital with a brain inflammation. Things are looking up though so we hope to be able to get back on the road next week....fingers crossed. All our Airbnb’s have been amazing and we have met some other wonderful hosts. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Aw @David-and-Fiona0, I am so sorry to hear that Fiona has been in hospital and isn't very well. I think I speak on behalf of everyone here, as many community members know and have spoken to you here before, that we all wish her a speady recovery and that she can get back to enjoying your wonderful trip. It is times like this that you pine for your own comforts, so it is really fantastic to hear that all your different Airbnb have been amazing and you continue to meet lots of wonderful hosts. 

Please pass on my get well wishes and I will be thinking of her. Here's to getting well and looking forward to all the exciting travels ahead for you both. 

Lizzie 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Dagmar31
Level 2
Brandenburg, Germany

Now THAT is a great advice !

Thank you so much, I will try that immediately

Regards, Dagmar (Brandenburg/Germany)

Great idea. I may not use the QR code but will think about changing Wifi access code to one much more simpler for all guests to remember easily.. 

Colin4
Level 4
Hamburg, Germany

GREAT idea. Thanks for the link.

Colin

Nick278
Level 2
New Zealand

Nice tip! Thanks!

Martha-0
Level 2
Miami, FL

thanks

Ana801
Level 3
Paris, France

Tks in France we have the code like this i will try!