Manage Routing Rules in Future Transacions & Payout Routing Rules

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

Manage Routing Rules in Future Transacions & Payout Routing Rules

Hello everyone!

Can anybody help me with my issue? I will try to make it clear and I appreciate very much your help

We are hosting and we are waiting for our first reservations to check-in. Going into my future transactions I see them listed in 5 columns (Date , Type, Details, Pay to and amount). I also saw a tip box on the top of the page as listed below

Introducing changes to Payout Routing Rules
We're making some changes to the way you manage payout routing rules. You will no longer be able to select a payout method for an individual upcoming payout. Instead, your payout will be split at the time it's released according to your payout routing rules.

In one of the reservations I see the connected bank account that money will be paid there, but in another reservation in the same column I see the link "manage routing rules" and if I click on ---> going to payout methods and my status is ready and the method is by default as bank account. Of course we have already set up our bank account, but anyone can help me why is that difference in this column. Do I have to update something? I want to secure that I will receive money after my guest's check-in. Also, to mention that few weeks ago , I changed in my profile my name from personal to our businesse's. However, nothing else changed.

I would appreciate your answer

Olga
Turquoise

6 Replies 6
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Turquoise0

Olga, don't worry, your payout will be released to the payout peference (account)  that you have nominated.

What this 'Manage Routing Rules' business means, previously you were able to list multiple payout accounts but, only one could be used as a default for any individual payout! Now you can split your payouts between multiple account! Airbnb see this as a long overdue salvation....many of us don't share that opinion Olga!

Anyway apart from that, if you only have one payout method in place you need do nothing. When your hosting payments come, they will simply go to that account that you have nominated.

If you have a number of listings you can now set a payout method for each listing or you can split the payout between listings or even accounts. 

The reason Airbnb have done this Olga, is to accommodate, firstly, the boutque hotel listing market they are trying to break into. It is not enough that Airbnb are now larger than the worlds 5 largest hotel chains combined....they have the need to crush the hotel market even further. The reason for this is because hotel chains are pressuring government authorities to limit the scope and capability of Airbnb. Many government authorities around the world have put in place restrictions on the short term rental market, one juristiction actually has an 'Airbnb' tax of 14%! Others have a day limit on the number of days a host can short term rent....and this has had a severe limiting effect on the operation of Airbnb in what would be regarded as its 'heartland'!

The reaction of the Airbnb heirachy to this is.....make them an offer they can't refuse, win them over to the platform thereby limiting their opposition. There are hosts on Airbnb who have in eccess of 500 listings! This is far removed from the original Airbnb formula but.....

We need to move with the times.....

Hey, this is not a 'doom and gloom' post, welcome to Airbnb Olga, this is one of the best things I have ever done, I am now fully booked from month to month, and I have Airbnb to thank for that. Don't be concerned about payouts Olga, the single payout method you have set is where your payouts will go....and they are reliable! Airbnb have never missed one of mine, always been on time and for the correct amount! 

Good luck, and don't panic, just be a good host!

Cheers......Rob

@Robin4thank you very much for your quick answer! Very helpful! I appreciate that!

@Robin4, as you were so helpful could also reply to my last question of this topic above? from your experience.

"Also, to mention that few weeks ago , I changed in my profile my name from personal to our businesse's making Turquoise.However, nothing else changed."

Do I have to do it now, is this will influence my payouts? Neiher bank account changed, nor the VAT number changed, just the firm ...

Thank you again

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Turquoise0

Olga, no you need do nothing!

Airbnb will initialy, when you set up an account, request from you a payout method and once you have provided that you will receive payouts to that account/method. 

If you change your payout account or your title name and don't inform Airbnb, they will still send a payout to the account they have on file but, if the payout is not accepted....in other words you have closed that account....they will hold your payouts in trust until you provide them with an appropriate payout method. 

If you are receiving Airbnb correspondence or emails, you will receive your entitled payouts!

Cheers......Rob

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Turquoise0

Olga, one of the great things about dealing with Airbnb is, you do not have to worry about money! You never have to hassle the guest....if someone arrives at your listing they have already paid and you will automatically be paid. 

The first guest payment when you join Airbnb will be held for 30 days from the time the reservation was accepted! So, if the reservation was accepted by you more than 30 days before the guest arrived you will be paid 24 hours after the guest arrives. If the guest arrives 10 days after the reservation is accepted you will have to wait another 20 days before that payment is released to your account!!

This is because you do not have an Airbnb history and Airbnb want to know that everything is in place and will operate smoothly.

After that first hosting every payment will be released 24 hours after the guest arrives, regardless of when they book. Currently tonight I have a guest who booked at 3.00 pm this afternoon and they arrived here at 5.00pm...it was a battle but, we got the cottage ready. Their payment will be released to my account tomorrow....no ifs, no butts, it will happen!!!

Hope this helps.....Cheers......Rob

Rob, I have a question and cannot find it anywhere. I created a profile with me as the host but will not list my property only others who want me to manage their Airbnb. I have my first listing and booking and I received the tax form to fill out. The payouts will go to the property owners, not me, so is there a way in Airbnb to have each homeowner individually submit this tax form so I do not get a W-9 from Airbnb when I didn't collect any money through their platform? I'm hoping to have each property I list have their own payout method and tax form and have Airbnb send each property owner a W-9 with the amount their property individually earned. I sure hope you can help.

Thanks,

Kari