Managing someone elses property

Leanne1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Managing someone elses property

I have my own Airbnb listing that is very successful.  I  have been asked to manage a friends apartment.

Where I would do all communciation, meet and greet.  Manage the cleaners, arrange clean linen, purchase Tea, Coffee, soap etc.

I would get paid a commission percentage of the tarif.  

What is the best way to do this, so it is seperate from my listing.

Hope some one can help me.

198 Replies 198

Hi Jason 

Did you get someone to manage your Property yet?

Tylor4
Level 1
New York, United States

Hello! Do you need help managing your listing?

Can you be in a rental in Chicago and be an Air b&b property? 

Yes. Airbnb is global, and I'm originally from Chicago. Airbnb has various types of listings in chicago. 

I am in rogers park and would love to talk to you about managing my home. 

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']

Tylor4
Level 1
New York, United States

Hello do you need help managing your listings?

Hello,

I have 13 years in the medical industry as well as clinic management and 17 years in a family business that is an adult family home. (Nursing home). I have done nothing but manage facilities and people. I would like to manage your Airbnb if your are still open to it. I also own and manage a beauty studio that is close to running itself in downtown seattle.  

Please contact me for more info. 

**[E-mail address & phone number hidden due to safety reasons - Community Center Guidelines]

Hello you have to add her as a co-host

Hello please contact me if you are still in need of a property manager.

Do you need help managing your property?!

Hello, I would love to help manage your airbnb.. 

Hi, I’m also looking for more properties to host. Just send me an invitation on my ig : nyata_ib

Christie4
Level 1
Pemberton, Canada

I am curious as to what percentage of the total cost of the booking would "the manager" receive.  I have read about a 80% for the owner and 20% for the manager.  The 20% being for managing the bookings, communications with guests, keeping supplies topped up, and organizing cleans.  Or is it more common to have a 70% owner and 30% manager.

I charge 15% however I am not sure that is enough.  I now have 7 I manage and it is getting more difficult.  The biggest issue is letting them know when they have guest arriving.  I am looking for a calendar that will notify them when they have upcoming bookings.  Any suggestions?

Hi guys,

I was curious to know how you guys found properties to manage as an airbnb. Is it usually just friends and word of mouth? I would love managing someone's property however I don't have the means to find a consenting owner just yet.