Managing someone elses property

Leanne1
Level 1
Auckland, New Zealand

Managing someone elses property

I have my own Airbnb listing that is very successful.  I  have been asked to manage a friends apartment.

Where I would do all communciation, meet and greet.  Manage the cleaners, arrange clean linen, purchase Tea, Coffee, soap etc.

I would get paid a commission percentage of the tarif.  

What is the best way to do this, so it is seperate from my listing.

Hope some one can help me.

198 Replies 198
Jean121
Level 2
St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands

In our case, I had the owner join Airbnb and invite me to co host. We are new to co hosting but we bill the owner monthly for things like cleaning services, repairs etc and receive 15% of the rental fee at that time. Once we were included it showed up on my listing page, so that I could make site changes,such as photos etc. We also see the communication from prospective guests and deal with that for the owner. So the short answer is no we did not create a new listing.

Shirin6
Level 1
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

Does anyone know if there's a limit to the number of properties you can be set up as a co-host for? I'm currently a co-host on my husbands listing but a few friends and family are looking for me to help with their listings too and co-hosting seems like the most logical way. Just not sure if there's a limit to how many people you can co-host for? 

I'm currently a co-host on my husbands listing as but a few friends and family are looking for me to help with their listings too and co-hosting seems like the most logical way.

Just not sure if there's a limit to how many people you can co-host for? 

Any advice would be fab!! Thanks 🙂 

Shirin 

Lee140
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

Hi, I am an experienced, qualified and licensed sales and rentals real estate professional and would like to manage Airbnb properties in Kenton-on-Sea and in Plettenberg Bay in South Africa for owners and absentee owners. 

How do I go about this?

Kariza1
Level 1
Florida, United States

Hello I started renting my own property and now managing some of my friends' as well. I charge 20% of the booking value before cleaning and Airbnb fees applied. 

Alicia168
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

If anyone needs their property managed in London, UK please get in touch.

I'm a full-time working professional in London but work from home so have used the opportunity to become a PM around the city to meet new people and learn new areas. 

If anyone knows of anyone who might be in need of a trustworthy and dedicated PM send them my way 🙂

Chinwe2
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Could I have your opinion and help please. I have been asked to manage someone else's property but on my airbnb account and not theirs. They want for me to list their apartment on my account, but then pass on any messages to them and they will communicate directly with the guests.

They will give me a 20% cut for this and the apartment looks quite luxurious. How can I be sure that this isn't a scam? I don't want any trouble with my account. 

Hello – my first question would be WHY they want this, instead of just giving you access to their account… 

Nel5
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

If anyone has any properties in london that they need someone to manage let me know. 

Im local and i have been managing frienda properties for a few years.

[Email Address Hidden]

Tyrone5
Level 1
Western Australia, Australia

Hey Guys.

How would one go about starting to manage properties through Airbnb as our family members are heading overseas for a few years and want us to Manage them. 
Where to start information would be greatly appreciated.

- marketing?

- website?
- hosting with airbnb?
- cleaning / daily activities

Or any other relevant information needed that you may think we would find useful

Regards

Tyrone

Jose301
Level 1
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Hi, I am looking to join the air bnb manage someone else's property conversation.

I am in Punta Cana and anybody that is interested in contacting a responsible reliable manager please feel free to do so.

Hi, as far as what to charge/include for managing someone else's property goes - you can look at this as an example, a new Airbnb management service that’s active in the Chicago area  –Flat 25% service fee for completely managing your Airbnb, and they do “optimized pricing” as an add on too…. if you live in a larger metro area maybe something to try. 

Jonathan310
Level 1
Montreal, Canada

Hi guys, my girlfriend and I are managing our own Airbnb and we love it! We are looking to manage other airbnbs in the Montreal, Canada region. If someone is interested let us know 🙂 

[Personal information hidden]

Where could I find someone reliable to run my bed and breakfast?

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Use Airbnb's co-host function on this website or see if there is a group of local hosts in your area and post there to see if there is interest after you first identify what support you want.

Shani14
Level 2
Alfredton, Australia

Hi there,

I am from Victoria in Australia and have two properties listed.  I am looking to host additional properties for others.  I am also a real estate agent in residential and commercial sales and am happy to help anyone looking to sell or purchase a suitable bnb property.  Please look at my current properties - Sass Abode, and ShaiBeau in Central Victoria and feel free to give me a call *

*[Personal information hidden for safety reasons–in line with the Community Center Guidelines - to use the Direct Messaging function here in the Community Center, hover over the post profile photo and click 'Sent Message']