Managing the 72 hour gap for bookings made before Covid-19

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Managing the 72 hour gap for bookings made before Covid-19

I've got a number of back to back bookings in July and August that were made late last year.

Given we now need to allow between 24 and 72 hours gap between bookings to allow for more intensive cleaning, should I now cancel some of those bookings?

How are other hosts handling this?

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
5 Replies 5
Melodie-And-John0
Level 10
Munnsville, NY

Hi @Richard1830 ,  First, is this a UK thing or are you talking about Airbnb's new cleaning listing options?  I havent seen the roll-out of those yet but its not mandatory from Airbnb to do either, just your choice.  If you have prebooks that dont meet that criteria, you cannot opt in until your free of those, you could cancel but I think you could just take some extra  precautions and lots of lysol while cleaning if you didnt want to lose those.  To get there, you must select "Block 1 night before and after each reservation" in your availability window and it will begin to put them in for you automatically   I started a month ago, takes some of the pressure off, its worth it, JR

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

@Richard1830 If this was me, I think I would contact the second guests & explain they are checking in the same day the outgoing guests check out, and are they OK with this, in our new world? Explain that both bookings were made B.V........

- Then, if second guests not happy, THEY can cancel or shorten the booking, and YOU don't get penalised, neither financially, nor by losing Superhost status!

Helen350
Level 10

P.S. This 'cleaning protocol', 24, 72 hrs malarkey is American..... - We're British! 😉 😄 😉

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Apologies, I should have said where it applied to.

Although I'm British, it's for our property in Florida.

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
Helen350
Level 10

Oh, yes, I just had a look.... Tricky..... Americans seem to have higher standards!