Manufactured (Mobile) Homes Park -

Sofiya0
Level 2
Sarasota, FL

Manufactured (Mobile) Homes Park -

Hello all!

Is anybody leasing a home in a mobile home park?

I am looking to buy a manufactured home in a park 

where I am going to live most of the time and want to 

do short term rent on it when I am not there - traveling or 

being away for business.

If you are doing short term rentals in a mobile home park

please share your experiences.

Thank you

6 Replies 6
Diane439
Level 2
Hillsboro, OR

I just started doing Air B n B in my manufactured home in a community of other manufactured homes.  It'll be interesting!  I think people from other countries will be less concerned about it, but Americans tend to be more concerned.  I have my second guest here now

How is everything going with the manufactured home? Im was thinking of the same idea.

Angel4497
Level 1
Bismarck, ND

I have a family member who is thinking of using her mobile home as an air b&b as well. How has this worked for you?

Mary-Ann64
Level 2
Riverside, CA

We purchased a mobile home in Lake Havasu Arizona in May 2019 and have had great success so far. We did some renovations before we started renting so our 1st guest wasn’t until mid-June 2019.  We have 3 out of 4 weekends booked through the summer and “snow birds” from northern states stay during the winter for 3 months. 

The parks amenities are the big plus to the mobile home. It’s a small space so the fact that it has community areas like a pool and beach access are a plus. Some guests have been asking if we have a golf cart for them to use or rent during their stay but after looking into insurance we found they would not be covered. So we purchased 4 beach cruiser style bikes (4 because we are a family a four and will use them when we visit) for guests to use in the park. 

How is everyone else’s experience? 

Do most parks allow AirBNB? Restrictions?

Jenny
Community Manager
Community Manager
Galashiels, United Kingdom

Hi @Mike2774!

There may be different rules depending what country/area you live in.

It might be worth looking for a local group for the location you're trying to find out about, and see if there's anyone who can advise you.  You can find a local group here.

Hope this helps!

Jenny

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines