Many Guest are asking to rent my rooms out.

Kimberly33
Level 2
Lynnwood, WA

Many Guest are asking to rent my rooms out.

Lately almost every guest is looking to move to the area and would like to rent a room permanently. Is this strange or some kind of scam. Maybe it is just a new way for people moving to a new area to find places to rent? Just wanted to know if anyone else has had this experience.

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Perhaps your area is the new "it" place, right?  I have had people stay in my room to explore buying into this area.  I don't allow long term, but I think it is a great way for someone to get to know a community.  However, please be aware that this platform handles the long term reservations differently.  Look up in the Help Center to read articles about that.

Paul154
Level 10
Seattle, WA

@Kimberly33 

Could be a scam, could be legitimate.

Trust , but validate.

Treat this as a standard long-term rental - not Airbnb.

Have a contract.

Do and charge for an  Employment/credit check.

Collect First + Last + Deposit.

Charge market rate.

Expect most of these guests to look elsewhere once they realize they can't scam you.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Kimberly33 

we have had the same situation- people offering to extend their stay indefinitely despite being booked up... usually they are moving to London and the idea of renting their Airbnb seems better and easier searching for a flat etc. 

Our moto is - sorry we only rent short term, if we were to do long term it would be done privately and with an actual contract, credit check, references and deposit. If this is something you want to consider do it but please educate yourself first! 

Good luck.

Yadira 🙂