Map location nearly categorically inaccurate for listings in Bansko, Bulgaria

Sebastien98
Level 1
Valencia, Spain

Map location nearly categorically inaccurate for listings in Bansko, Bulgaria

Bansko is a small ski resort town where the majority of hotels are near the ski lift (aka Gondola). In the summer it's more quiet but there are still 100+ listings on AirBnb. Many of the listings near the Ski Lift are accurate, but nearly ALL of the listings I've had a look at so far that are on the opposite end of town (near the Tourist Information Center) are in fact all apartments that are 1000 to 1500 meters away.. yes you've guessed it.. near the Ski Lift !!

Now I don't know if this is a ruse by AirBnB or by the hotels themselves to lure people to their listings and to make it look like there is a more even distribution of listings geographically.. I don't know what the reason is.. but I find it super annoying as someone who actually doesn't want to stay near the Ski Lift and wants to stay near the Tourist Information Center!! Using the map to locate listings is completely useless as a result.

My first booking which thankfully was only for 3 days was one of these where the location was wrong, it appeared to be an honest mistake. But now upon closer inspection it seems categoric for all listings that are close to the Tourist Information Center.

I wonder if AirBnb will do anything about this...

0 Replies 0