Map maker location

Aura4867
Level 7
San José, Costa Rica

Map maker location

Hello, can you plz tell me the difference of general location and specific location in the Map Maker? It looks the same to me. I read the link about this in the platform, but still no clear. Which one do you use? Thank you

4 Replies 4
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Aura4867 

The specific location shows a more accurate location (although nor exact) and also uses another icon.

Disadvantage: people are able to find the property outside Airbnb (it happens to me).

The general location shows property in a more wide area, but can be very inaccurate or even shows the property in the water (not being a ship). It also happens to me.

I see you use accurate location on your listing.

Dimitar27
Level 10
Sofia, Bulgaria

General location puts your listing....somewhere and every time on a different place. In my case-at least 500m away from the real location. If it's a rural area...it doesn't matter. In a city, where people are searching for a place, close to something specific-public transport, another ABB, gallery, restaurant, etc., the exact location can make a big difference.

Another problem with GL: if there is another host nearby, with 50 listings (50 apartments in one building), the map becomes completely flooded.

Thank you @Dimitar27 @Emiel1 

I am trying to use the GL,  but for some reason it shows only the SL.  I asked airbnb to change this for me but I dont think they did it

I have a guest right now and I cant do myself.

Can you please check again what kind localization I  am using? Thank you

Looks like GL