Let's all share our best Marrketing Tips!

Answered!
Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Let's all share our best Marrketing Tips!

Hi, 

This thread is about get together some tips and insights that can make your listing better.  Leave 2 suggestions below that clearely improved the number of bookings and visits on my lisyting.

1. Airbnb Professional Photographerhttps://www.airbnb.com/info/photography. If you didn't applied yet, you definitely should. Is quite and good and is free.

2. Private Car Parking - As there wasn't one in the building we decided to rent it through the peak of the season. The flat is right in downtown and there's not much car parking places free in summer. For guests is a relief for us is more bookings! 

What about you? Any tips that are worth to share?

Thanks for the thoughts!

1 Best Answer
Julie10
Level 6
Pittsburgh, PA

You can get all sorts of printed material at vistaprint.  Free business cards and you use their artwork or upload something you've designed.  I do a (one page, two sided) mini-newsletter and annual report using their flyer.  I don't actually get them printed, I deliver them electronically, but it's great to have access to their templates and artwork.

Create your own web site.  I use webs.com for both of my properties.  On the site you can use a URL straight to your airbnb listing for those visitors who want to make a reservation.  Webs.com is free and again, there are a ton of apps that are both helpful and free.

Think about who in the community have out of town visitors and solicit their business.  My background is nonprofit, so any arts organization that has visiting artists, I put together an email database and send them an email blast about once every 3 months.  I also assembled a database of contacts at nearby hospitals.  Finally, I put together an email list of special event/wedding planners.  All of these folks get email blasts about every 3 months.  I include any specials I'm running, recent improvements/added amenities, and other news.

Keep in touch with former guests, put together an email database and email them occasionally.  They may never come to your location again, but they might have friends, co-workers, etc. that will.

I have a FB page but have not had a ton of luck with it.  I use it as a way to keep in touch w/ people, link articles about Pittsburgh and upcoming local events, etc. 

Finally, develop a network of other hosts in your area and exchange referrals.  About 15% of my business last year came from referrals from another host.

View Best Answer in original post

25 Replies 25

figured it out!

It is showing an error on my end

Jane29
Level 2
New York, United States

Julie,

Those were great tips, thank you for sharing them. 

I have vistaprint business cards - I paid extra to get them two sided in colour, and on heavier card stock and I am very pleased with them. 

I am new to hosting - had 3 guests so far. I started out with leaving a small carton of milk to the fridge for the tea and coffee that I provide, as well as a couple of bottles of soda or flavoured water. I was thinking about adding wine, has anyone had negative feedback or criticism for doing so? 

In addition to hosting my own listing, I also manage a friends listing. Here in NYC it can be very cold over the winter. The first set of her guests arrived from the Dominican Republic, where it would have been around 25 (75) degrees. I left new woolly hats on the kids' beds in case they weren't prepared for how cold it would be. I left them a note saying they were welcome to take them home, which they did. They weren't expensive and I know they were appreciated as they were all bundled up, even while inside sometimes. I also have complimentary umbrellas for unexpected rain, if one walks off now and then it won't be expensive to replace. 

Jane

Thank you Julie for the idea you had given and so now i have collected all the email ids of my previuos guest and sure will write to them once in 3 months updating my pondicherry city .

@Mourougan0more like harrassment

@David-and-Tiffany0    Airbnb do not give out guests emails and the airbnb generated email for guests is defunct once the guest leaves,  so how would this work.  And surely you would need guests  permission or a 'subscribe to' button to add their email to what is essentially a marketing newsletter.

Very good questions. We message them on the Airbnb Platform. We don't use their email.

Part of the build-out process contains an unsubscribe option. At first, every one of your past guests/inquirers are automatically opted-in your messaging. This method is standardized by MailChimp, and is an industry standard now. This also complies with the CANSPAM act.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

Dave

Rachel477
Level 3
Cottage Grove, OR

I live in the small town of Cottage Grove, OR and owner of one of the most expensive motel chains referred to our town as "not a destination".  However, I have found that my description of my location which included things I collected from the visitor's center (covered bridges, scenic bikeways, winerys etc.) have been just the thing my guests are looking for.  I have also been in touch with realtors for the guests who are new to the area and are considering relocating.  Providing them information about buying in Oregon as well as information about towns in our county.  This has been appreciated by my guests.  I am also networking on Linkedin - I'm not sure if that will help.

Rachel, Host

Mt. David Home

Lucy362
Level 3
Christchurch, New Zealand

Hi Everyone! 

Such an important topic as airbnb listings are becoming more competitve and common (which is great!).

If anyone was wanting to try something in the social media marketing space then I'd like to share some insight with you below:

I run a New Zealand company called Travel Influencers, we help accommodation providers get more exposure (online followers & customer bookings). We do this by connecting you with Travelling Influencers to stay at your place and document it through their extremely popular, online channels. In exchange for offering your place for a few nights, your airbnb will be shared across their social channels (for their viewers to see), you'll have access to their content (to post on your listing) and you can offer their audience a special deal (if you fancy). We are completely free for you to list with us at the moment 🙂

This all works super well, especially if you have an Instagram account for your airbnb(s). 

I work in the digital marketing space and would love to help airbnb hosts use social media to their advantage. Happy airbnb'ing!! 

-Lucy 

Ali413
Level 1
San Diego, CA

There are SO many ways one can market their home! Whether it be designing business cards, having a property website, marketing on social media, connecting with local businesses, the wording and information you provide, the touches you include as a property owner, your quick responses to guests, and so much more. The downside is all of this takes time, energy and expertise that many hosts may lack. As a prior Marketing Director for a top selling team of real estate agents, I provide the skills, energy and time it takes to make your listing one that is sure to impress guests and fill your pocketbook with the additional income you are seeking. To learn more about my services, and get a quote contact me at 619-886-5178 or alihunt09@yahoo.com. Please use subject: "Help with marketing my Airbnb."

Ali Hunt