Mass cancellations from data breach?

Richard1830
Level 3
United Kingdom

Mass cancellations from data breach?

I've just seen this post on Twitter being shared quite a bit. 

https://twitter.com/Chantiemarie/status/1326774475552149509

Anybody hosts seen anything similar?

My calendar seems fine.

UK based owner of Florida Holiday Rental
25 Replies 25
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Kurt-And-Summyr0,

I'm sorry to hear this is still continuing to cause issues on you account. 

I'm flagging this and other issues related to the technical glitch on the 11th back to the team working on this. I will try to provide regular updates as I know you are waiting for this to be resolved, as soon as I have more information I'll let you know. 

Speak to you shortly. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hello Lizzie,

No news from Airbnb since November 11 expect to wait and be patient.  No reservation has been restored.    Guest and hosts are both being disregarded.   So much for the "community building" messages we received every two weeks from Airbnb ownership team. 

I will be looking into diversifying with VRBO in the future. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Odile245,

Lovely to meet you. I am really sorry you have been impacted by the technical glitch. 

Our Support Team are contacting hosts and guests to help make things right, but it is taking a bit of time. 

In the meantime, here in the Community Center we are trying to provide you with the latest updates and information on any issues you might still be experiencing. I've just @ mentioned yo in the latest one below, which also provides some information on rebooking and what happens if your guests don't rebook. Hopefully this is helpful to you.

Do keep me updated and hopefully you will get this all sorted soon. 

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Kurt-And-Summyr0
Level 2
Washington, United States

@Lizzie    Thank you!   If you could escalate this to anyone that could provide us with direction after 2 days, we could really use it.  

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Kurt-And-Summyr0,

I've just tagged you in the other discussion you posted in, but hopefully the update I've just shared will provide you with a bit more information. 

Speak to you soon. 

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello everyone,

@Richard1830@Odile245@Pavan5@Sandra1401

I've just shared this update in other threads elsewhere in the CC, so sorry if you see this a few times. 

Thanks for sharing more details on what you are experiencing this is really helpful. 

In regards to the technical bug that occurred on November 11th, our Community Support team is continuing to actively work with impacted guests and hosts to rebook their previously confirmed reservations to the greatest extent possible. 

I know a number of you have mentioned (mainly in other CC discussions) that your calendar is still blocked, thanks for your feedback. Based on this, we escalated this to the product team and we believe we’ve found a fix. If your are experiencing this would you mind checking now to see if your calendar dates are available again please? Fingers crossed this has updated for you, but please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue and we’ll continue to look into it.

If you calendar is all back up and running, please ensure your availability settings are up to date and your calendar remains open so that we will be able to send you any applicable rebooking requests.

Just so you know, if your guest(s) doesn’t rebook, and you don’t receive another booking, Airbnb will make up the difference, up to the original amount you expected from reservations that were impacted by this situation.

Lastly, we’re working diligently in the background to try to prevent issues like this from happening again.

I really hope this is helpful. If you can provide me with an update, that would be really appreciated. Hopefully all will be resolved soon and once again I'm sorry you are experiencing this.

Thank you and speak to you soon. 

Lizzie

(Just @ mentioning the people I haven't mentioned in other discussions - to prevent you from getting spammed by me) 

--------------------

Rebecca181
Level 10
Florence, OR

This tired and lame excuse of such disasters being caused by a "technical glitch" is getting old. Any host that's been around for awhile knows that Airbnb is constantly mucking around with its platform - rarely improving it, and often crippling it. And once again, the actual negative impact on hosts is being downplayed and minimized. I've seen this movie before...

Sharon1014
Level 10
Sellicks Beach, Australia

@Rebecca181   I'm thinking hackers.  Too coincidental this close to the IPO.  Would Airbnb's techies stuff something up this badly at such a critical time?  Maybe, not exactly known for getting things right.  This next week will be interesting.  If it is hackers we can perhaps more expect more of the same (and possibly worse) over coming weeks.

@Sharon1014 @Richard1830 @Rebecca181 @Lizzie @Brian @Airbnb 

There has been a number of Internet Outages across the USA including APPLE, Microsoft on November 11, and others all around the same time.

Coincidental it ties in with 5g ROLL OUT??

Microsoft are forever having outages and problems each and everytime they roll out updates .

I still can't access my Listing at all on my Mobile no matter what I try.

Be mindful Windows 10 for Mobiles Support will no longer be available soon which sucks.

Couldn't so much as Log On to reply or write here in CC on the weekend and still are unable to.

Tech Systems in general are so screwed up by Corporate & other greed over and above Ethics, not helped one bit with Work From Home and higher risks involved withTechnical issues that staff acting alone are unable to keep on top off.

Smart Cities are not Smart Cities, nor are those who think they are the way of the future and trying to roll them out across the Globe when the basics are not so much as up to standards, nor is the internet available in many locations so those people are disadvantaged to

https://www.google.com/search?q=internet+outages&safe=strict&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=nws...

Kurt-And-Summyr0
Level 2
Washington, United States

A week later we are getting bombarded with support messages and phone calls, alerting me to the internal glitch (really?  no kidding) and that they are "reaching out" to our guests.  We have already contacted all our guests and were able to get them to rebook their reservations.  Airbnb could simply look at the calendar to note that we rebooked everyone ourselves.  Reaching out a week later is adding insult to injury.  
Here is an example of a super helpful, competant, support message: 

Dear Mackenzie, (uh, the guest is Mackenzie, we are Kurt and Summyr)

My name is Jonas from Airbnb Resolutions and I hope you're doing well. Due to a technical issue, Airbnb accounts were inadvertently deactivated. With this, your reservation with Mackenzie for 07/22/2020-07/25/2020 (HMZNM****)  
(Pretty sure the dates of 7/22/2020 have come and gone)
was cancelled, but we are now on top of the situation and was able to apply a fix. (huh?  what fix?)

We wanna (is wanna a word?)
assure you that Our team already restored those affected accounts, and it is up and running as before.

As for the canceled reservation, I can confirm that the reservation was rebooked in which we are happy to know. for your own reference, your new reservation code with Mackenzie for 06/22/2020-06/25/2020
(and yet different dates that have come and gone)
is HMJZTS****. Please let me know if you would like assistance, and I will be right here standing by.

We thank you for your patience, and we apologize for any confusion as well as the trouble that this has caused.

Respectfully,
Jonas

Just an example to show @Airbnb that you have some serious flaws in your support system.  Really a disservice to hosts.  This is the same type of "help" we received in calling 20 times.  
Ok, rant over and moving forward.  Lessons learned: update your passwords frequently, print out reservations and calendars,  obtain a business license to cover damages and liability issues, dont count on airbnb to help or sort through any issues.  

Rahul102
Level 1
Calgary, Canada

It has been over a week now since the glitch. I have chatted with 6 reps, who all said that the issue is being worked and then closed the chat thread on me... so no help there. The phone no listed for Airbnb in Canada is not in service so no help there. The guest had already checked in when they got the cancellation notice so I honoured the reservation. They have now checked out and their money was refunded to them by Airbnb. So I fulfilled the reservation from my end in good faith but didn’t get paid. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!