Mattress quality control

Jane8
Level 4
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Mattress quality control

Hi

I am looking at the Argos website which lists firm, medium, soft, airsprung, zip cushioned etc. etc. 

Could anybody advise me of a mattress which will suit most tastes?

I was wondering about this one:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1872268.htm

Many thanks

6 Replies 6
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

Hi @Jane8, not sure any host in the forum can answer your question as we are from all over the world.  You'll need to use your best judgement!  🙂

Jane8
Level 4
Cambridge, United Kingdom

Thank you Clare. I just thought that people would have noticed what was more popular; firm, medium or soft.

Oh, shame on me! I didn't understand.  I can only speak for myself. When I went to purchase a new queen size bed, I went down the middle with a medium firmness mattress.  I've only gotten one response in a review about it and he said that it was A+.  Hopefully this helps!

Sara2
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

There is a host in this forum who used to own a mattress factory he has really good answers that would cover every country I have ever been to 

Jai0
Level 2
Singapore

I always go for firm level 7-8. Not too firm if not it will feel like sleeping on the floor!

If not, if you are getting a mattress at firm level 10, do get a mattress topper so the guest are more comfortable 🙂

Also, I have a tip from a guest(he works in hotel), that he flips his mattress every 3 months so it doesn't get worned out that fast. Hope it helps!

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Jane8,

Thanks for posting this, it is an interesting discussion and quite hard to get right as everyone is different. Thought you might also be interested in this thread within the Community Center about mattresses. 🙂 

Happy posting!

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.