May 13: CEO Brian Chesky will talk about last week’s news and answer more of your questions

Airbnb
Official Account

May 13: CEO Brian Chesky will talk about last week’s news and answer more of your questions

BeloRauschBG (2).png

Last week, CEO Brian Chesky announced the difficult news that we're reducing the size of the Airbnb workforce, and we know you might be wondering how this may impact our host community. It’ll take a bit of time to answer all of your questions, so we appreciate your patience while we work through some of the changes internally. 

In the meantime, we’ll continue to be available here in the Community Center. And Brian will be back for another live Host Update at 3:00 p.m. PT  Wednesday, May 13. He’ll share what we’re focusing on, answer host questions, and more. 

To watch it live, go to Airbnb.com/live, or you can catch the recap after the event.

35 Replies 35
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hey @Ann489,

I hope you are doing ok. 

The good news is that the recap is already available, here is the direct link. You can watch the video recording or there is also a written recap under the video. 

Hope you find it useful.

Thank you,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Lizzie, we are hanging in there....thank you  for asking.   😉    Yes, that link seems to be working now.    Stay safe!

Ann

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I found Chesky's presentation to be very good; he is young and a believer in what he is doing. 

Jonathan1257
Level 5
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

Great talk. What's good for the guest is good for the host. Guest gets full refund makes host happy.

We work We live We goes bust!

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Presentation was fine but it was a shame that all questions came from the USA. Whilst Trump might prefer it not to be the case there are quite a few people in the rest of the World and I would have hoped Airbnb would recognise this.

TDS alive and well. 

I am still wondering why Trump was dragged into the conversation.

@Fred13  me too Fred - I don't follow ppl and their thinking.....I avoided asking about that just now with the writers of that statement. Glad you spotted the weirdness of it! Thanks

Jonathan1257
Level 5
Cheltenham, United Kingdom

@Clara116  I see it a few times on the platform and often from a non US national. It’s like an excuse for anything that’s not working.....including Airbnb. Anyway best wishes!

Yup @Fred13 , its really not a useful conversational addition to include things that can and will inspire nationalistic retort of one type or another by well meaning folks in a pro-host chat space like this.  Its happened a handful of times and I never said anything but it is like acid that we should all try very hard not to fling here.  Thanks for mentioning it!   Be well Fred, JR  

Perfect word John, ~acid~. It always serves to get in the way of possible mutual enlightenment.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yeah, I agree it's nice to have questions from hosts around the world @Mike-And-Jane0. From memory, I think this is actually the first one where all the questions from just US hosts, so you will see in other CEO talks questions from hosts outside of US–but it really is dependent on hosts coming forward in Listening Sessions to ask them. 

Can I count on you asking one in a future Listening Session perhaps? 🙂

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

@Mike-And-Jane0  The questions come from hosts from all over that take part in listening sessions weeks after week in many groups and with Brian and many are not from the USA.....these were the questions that were worked out for this update - pretty sure it is not intentional. Peace

Edna0
Level 2
Rio, Brazil

Boa tarde a todos, meu nome é Edna, sou do brasil, gostaria de saber se alguem aqui ja recebeu o email para se cadastrar p receber o auxilio, vejo que muitos aqui são como eu, que infelizmente so tem essa fonte de renda, e que esse problema vai causar grandes danos a todos nós.

Liv
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Olá, @Edna0! Seja bem vinda 🙂
Caso tenha interesse, te convido a participar da Comunidade do Airbnb para falantes de português

Acredito que por lá seja mais provável que consiga uma resposta de outros membros.

Obrigada,

Liv