Meaning of avialliablity on calandar: its not what I thought!!!!

James998
Level 2
Gloucester, MA

Meaning of avialliablity on calandar: its not what I thought!!!!

Did you know that the Marked availability on the calandar inicates simply the Check-in date cosistent with you minimum stay paramters. That means if
I have availability between Aug1 and Aug. 8  and a mimimum stay of 7 days, and I have bookings just before  and just after this period, only AUG 1 shows up as available, How many potential guests know that there are  7 days available  starting at Aug. 1. ..Very Few.
I suggest  header of calander  includes: ""Availability dates shown are Check-in dates possible consistent with the host's minimum stay requirement [ of say, 1week] "

I have buggethm so should you!

17 Replies 17
Mikki0
Level 10
Long Beach, CA

@Alexandra316 

When I try to book a place on Home Away at a place with a <1 day minimum stay, I cannot click on any day that does not meet that criteria. For example, one listing has a 3 day minimum stay. It is open September 1 - September 8. I cannot choose September 6 or 7 and see a note that says "The closest arrival date is September 5th". How is this calendar restriction any different than Airbnb's?

@Mikki0But on Homeaway, it doesn't look like the calendar is completely blocked, so there's that... it's completely different from the way Airbnb shows it. 

I'm not sure why you are so adamant that I'm wrong about this. It's an issue for me, and it's clearly an issue for others. If it doesn't come up for you, that's great. 

Alexander905
Level 2
Berlin, DE

Hey guys. Had the same issue. Really surprised why AirBnB still does not implement some kind of search with flexible dates.
Just in term of curiosity, I've implemented a tiny experimental project which does the job: https://AirBrBrDeng.com/. Have fun! 🙂
I've just released it to the public. So, sorry if any bugs.
It has a restriction in 200 listings per search for now (it's experimental, don't want to flood Airbnb's servers). Will be grateful for any feedback.